Persistent

| Chapter 3 |

-••••-

" Eenie, Meenie, Miney, moe, catch a tiger by the toe, if he hollers let him go, eenie, meenie, miney moe" I sing moving my finger to each box before stopping at Moe.

How did I come to this? While to simply answer your question. I'm indecisive. I was stuck between Cheerios, Rice Krispies, and cornflakes. I couldn't choose. So I did what anyone else would have done if they were in my shoes. Cheerios is the first to go. I repeat the process and take our winning champ ' Cornflakes 'and pour it into my bowl.

I ate my breakfast and got dressed. I wore black skinny jeans with my favorite tank top. Then throw on some Jordans and finished off my look with a varsity jacket.

I listened to the professor as he talks about the different types of advertisements. With my notepad, I took notes of the important stuff.

" Psst!" I heard out of nowhere but of course, I ignored it. "PSST!" It comes again but louder. Curiosity got the better of me and looked for who made the sound "over here" they whispered.

I looked to my left and two seats down to see Ginger smiling and waving at me. I was surprised to see him still trying to talk to me. After the choking incident, I altogether avoided him, but that was a week ago. Most people would have given up after the first few days.

I looked around me to make sure he wasn't talking to someone else but nope, he was talking to me. He snickered. " Yes, I'm talking to you" he whispered again.

" Is there something you want? " I asked out of politeness.

" Yeah, to know your name"

Why is he still trying?

My brow rose " Sandy " I lied. Maybe if he knew my name he would stop. He slowly nodded and I turned my attention back to the professor.

I don't know what his intentions are but I know he will soon give up, like the rest of them. I don't want people to pity or feel bad for me, I'm sure there are a lot of other people just like me out there so I'm nothing special. Everything inside me wants him to go away but somewhere deep deep deep down inside want him to stay for a while. It's been a long time since I had interaction with my peers or anyone for that matter.

After class, I make it my usual stop under the tree. I lean my head back on the tree and watched. I watched as the football players joked around with their friends. I watched a group of friends share snacks and as another bickered and I almost awwed as couples showed each other affection. Sometimes I wonder how my life would have been if I had made a different choice. A less selfish choice.

Deciding not to drown in self-pity I take out my laptop and get started on my assignment. I always gave in on my assignments early because I had nothing better to do with my life. I felt someone sit next to me and looked to find Ginger. I sighed and went back to typing.

" I hope this seat isn't taken"

" What do you want Ginger, I thought I told you to get lost" I don't mean to sound like a bitch.

" I want to get to know you "

" While sorry to burst your bubble but I'm not interested," I say without looking at him.

" While I wasn't asking" he retorts

I scoff " I'll just ignore you "

" I'll like to see you try," he says, makings me look up from my laptop to find him smiling at me. Fucking smiling? Sighing I go back to typing.

" Damn you already started with your assignment," he says but I don't respond.
" I bet you are really smart" he goes on.

' I wish,' I wanted to respond but remembered I'm ignoring him.

" Anyway I wanted to apologize for last time-I'm sorry for walking up on you like that both times"

I continue to ignore him " now that we have that out the way" he leans his back on the tree so our shoulders are touching.

He starts taking something out of his bag
" I might as well let you influence me, we can be study buddies, "

" Or even Best friends" he presses on.

Damn doesn't he know how to take a hint?

¶¶¶