A friend in need

| Chapter 11|

-••••-

How can one not get attached to someone who feeds you almost every day? It's like he's trying to make me gain weight but who am I to say no to food?

Like they say ' when life gives you food you must eat '

To say that I'm making the most out of my newfound friendship would be an understatement. Every time I'm bored I'd just text or call him and he makes me a little less lonely every time he visits. Sometimes we watch the discovery channel or just sit and enjoy others' company in comfortable silence and other times we would even Netflix and chill. PG 13 kinda chilling... Thank you.

This has been the most fun I had in a long long time. He is very easy to talk to and deals with my attitude which I don't think most people would put up with. Sometimes I don't know what to make of his occasional flirting so I mostly just brush them off because I don't know if I like him that way.

Today though, was one of those days where I cursed Eve for eating that darn apple. Like how hard could it have been to follow one simple instruction? Now generations and generations of females have to go through agonizing pain every month. Which is pretty unfair if you ask me.

To top it all of the other genders live their lives without a care in the world.

"How does it feel to be gods favorite," I ask the male specie that is currently playing candy crush.

" Hmmm," he says not taking his eyes off the screen.

I sigh " Nevermind, "

Knives. It feels like hot knives are being stabbed into my abdomen. No not that. It feels like world war 2 is taking place in the uterus and both sides are losing. I don't understand why I have to be punished for not being pregnant.

" Can you inseminate me?"

" What? " he asks putting his phone away

I let out a groan " nevermind, "

He gives me a concerned look before placing the back of his palm against my forehead
" Are you sure you are okay, you look a little under the weather,"

Yeah, it's hurricane season in my tummy
" no, I'm fine,"

He ignores my response "plus you have been spitting out nonsense all day, "

I huff and slap his hand away " so I talk nonsense now huh? "

" You know that's not what I mean, "

" Whatever,"

He sighs before laying his head back against the tree and closing his eyes.
Do you know what annoyed me even more? Yes, it's the fact that he looked attractive when he did that.

With a click of my tongue, I also close my eyes and follow his movements. While focusing on not dying. Why didn't I just take the darn painkillers today morning?
Curse the feminine urge to see how long I can go without pain meds.

And fuck you universe

I was brought out of my wandering thoughts due to the sudden hasty movements next to me. "Where are you going? "

" Home, I forget my laptop which has my assignment which is due today," he says while putting his stuff in his bag.

Home! Means a warm comfy bed, which means sleep and sleep! Means the hurricane turns into a nice rainy day.

" Take me with you," I say getting up not giving him time to reject my request because if he did I think I might die.

Luckily doesn't complain and he gives me a nod, gesturing for me to follow him.

The drive to his place was very slow, or maybe I was just impatient. He stopped in front of an apartment which I assumed is where he lived. We got out of the car and he walked us up to his door. He took out his keys which were a lot and kept trying different ones until he got the right one and finally unlocked the door and walked in.

" Welcome to my paradise," he says doing a dramatic slow 360 twirl.

" Room?" I say cutting right to the case.

" Damn girl, won't even allow me to offer you water first," he laughs but still leads us to his bedroom. Upon entering the room I immediately remove my shoes and place my bag on the floor before crawling under his covers like a snake.

" Uhm okay," he says awkwardly " do you need anything else,"

" Yeah, pain killers, " I respond lazily. I hear him leave the room and later return with a glass of water and two pills which I take without question.

I slowly start to drift off to sleep before I feel a tap on my shoulder " what Red, what, " I sneered.

" I just wanted the password to your laptop so I can hand in your assignment for you," he says.

" MJ Kingston 2018- all lowercase and no space in-between, " I answer before covering my head with the covers.

¶¶¶