Squidward and SpongeBob

| Chapter 8 |

-••••-

After we got our food he parked in the parking lot. He handed me my bag not before stealing a few fries which got him a glare from me. A month ago I could go almost a week without talking to a single soul and I would have never thought of having a friend. Or that anyone would want to truly be my friend.

He is so kind and gentle. It's also very annoying how considerate he is. Not once has he pushed me to tell him about myself or my life story. Not once did he make me feel uncomfortable, annoyed maybe but uncomfortable no.

" Amari, "

He stops midway, as he was about to take a bite of his double cheeseburger. "Huh?"

" Amari, that's my name," he grins, showing off his perfectly white teeth.

"Uh-ma-ri," he says testing my name on his tongue. " It suits you,"

I hum, taking his car keys and wiping one of them clean with a wipe. I take out my burger and use the key to slice through it, before cleaning it again and handing them back to him.

He frowned "Did -did you just use my keys as a knife, "

"It was the only sharp thing I could find," I reason before taking a bite.

He shrugs " fair enough,"

I have never been big on starting conversations but I just had to get a few things off my chest " I have lost people, some were taken away forcefully and others just left. I'm isolated by choice, not because I don't want people in my life but because I can't handle another loss. I haven't had anyone to call a friend in almost 4 years- I'm not telling this so you can pity me...I'm telling you because I want you to know what you are getting yourself into," he doesn't say anything so I took that as a sign to continue " I have a lot of baggage Ginger, I'm also rude, sarcastic, and emotionally detached..."

Sighing " I wouldn't judge you if didn't want to be my friend anymore," I finished as I looked out the window.

" I'm not going to leave you, I worked too hard to get where we are... So there is no way I'm going to leave willingly. And I Don't mind your attitude it's kinda hot and refreshing, " he says with a slight chuckle
" besides SpongeBob never gave up on Squidward,"

I give him a tight smile as try to blink the tears away. Fortunately, he didn't push the conversation any further. We ate in comfortable silence and in less than 5 minutes he was done with his, which was amazing because he ordered large fries, a double cheeseburger, and a chocolate milkshake. I'm surprised how fit he looks after I just watched him eat like that.

" Thank you," he says randomly

Thank you for what?

" You paid? " I say wiping my mouth and taking a sip of my vanilla smoothie.

" No, thank you for giving me a chance," he rubs the back of his neck (something he does when he's nervous ) " you won't regret it, I promise,"

" Nah, I'm sorry for being a bitch towards you - I promise to 'try' to be nice from now on," and I meant it. He is the only friend I have and I'm not about to chase him away with my attitude.

" So you'll let me play with your hair, "

" Don't push it, Ginger,"

After Mcdonald's, he drove me back to my place before leaving for the party. Do I wish he canceled his plans to stay with me... Yes, but I didn't want to seem clingy.

I know he has other friends, so I have no right to be feeling jealous or felt out. Because unlike me, he has a life to live and I'm not going to stop him.

Unfortunately for me, he is the only interesting thing in my life right now. So he is all I can think about. I'm trying my best not to get attached to him but he's like a virus and I'm a malnourished human, so it's only natural for me to be severally affected by him.

Sighing, I decide to wash and do my hair since it requires a lot of attention, which makes it a great distraction.

¶¶¶