Strips

| Chapter 9 |

-••••-

Wake up, eat, do laundry then chill for the rest of the day ... That was my usual Sunday routine. Which I had no problem with until now. The first thing I thought about when I woke up was him, when I burned my toast I wanted to tell him about it and when it was time to do laundry I thought of him when I saw my red hoodie.

No, I am not in love with him or something. I just have nothing better to think about. Eventually, I managed to distract myself by reading some werewolf books and studying.

Luckily today is Monday and I get to see him again. throughout the weekend I realized I don't know anything about this dude. Except that he likes chocolate and that he might be a potential nerd but that changes today.

I even decided to look pretty today. Nothing much just some clear lip gloss and small silver earrings. I always aim for a more natural look. I wore my favorite black ripped jeans with a crop top and finished the look with some white Air forces. I take a picture of my outfit before uploading it on Pinterest.

But imagine my disappointment when he didn't show up today, he wasn't in any of our classes that we share together. Not like I dressed up for him or anything but he was supposed to be here to notice it. Was he avoiding me or is he not here today?

I guess today was one of those days where he wouldn't attend his classes and unfortunately for me, I had to sit alone today.

I tried reading but I couldn't concentrate on anything I opened my massage app and let my finger hover over his name before deciding to just text him.

Me: Where are you?

I hope I wasn't too direct. I didn't want to seem desperate either. Would he think I'm being clingy?... I was about to delete my massage until I saw three dots meaning he already read it and is now typing.

Ginger: I'm at work, Why do you miss me?

Me: you wish🙄.

Ginger: Can I pick you up after your classes are done?

Me: why?

Ginger: so we can hang out.

Me: okay.

Ginger: Great, meet me by the main gate at 3 pm.

Ginger: and don't be late!

I put my phone away while grinning like an idiot. The rest of the day went by very slowly. Maybe it was the universe's way of punishing me by making the classes extra long today. Deep down I knew it was probably just excited to hang out with Ginger.

I had no idea that he had a job. That only adds to the list of things I don't know about him. By three as promised he was parked outside the main gate.

I took two big breaths before opening the door and getting seated. I have no idea why I'm nervous. Shawn is probably the most easy-going person I know.

" Hey, Coco puffs, " he greets excitement evident in his voice.

I'm glad I'm not the only one happy to spend time together. Although I don't show it. " Hey, "

He starts the car and the engine roars to life as we drive down the street. " Hungry?" he asks not taking his eyes off the road. I give him a small yes before looking out the window.

Like last time he goes through the drive-thru and parks in the parking lot. He must have been starving because didn't even shut the engine before digging in.

I watched in amusement as he ate. A few pieces of his hair fell on his forehead as he took two huge bites of his burger before lining back into his seat with his eyes closed.

An involuntary chuckle left my mouth before I could stop it which caused him to open his eyes and look at me " are you laughing at me,"

" No, " I lied putting a few fries in my mouth.
I looked up and found him staring at me.
" What, do I have something on my face,"

" You are wearing lip gloss," he says still staring at my lips. " And you braided your hair," he adds diverting his eyes to my head.

I scoff " dude it took you almost 20 minutes to notice that, "

" Sorry my observation skills are low when I'm hungry," he tries to defend.

Did I mention that he is still staring

" Well, you can look away now, "

" You look really beautiful, " he says causing me to automatically blush like an idiot. Luckily I'm black so it's not that evident.

' thanks ' with that we go back to eating but swear I can still feel his eyes on me the entire time. Why is he acting weird? Do I look funny? It can't be that because he said I looked beautiful. But he could be lying right?

I was brought out of my thoughts when I saw a hand reaching for my fries which I swatted away " you had yours, "

" Sharing is caring, "

" Maybe next time," I say and he pouts before lining back into his seat.

" How were classes today- did Mr. Miller give out extra work? "

" Classes were boring," I sigh " and no I guess he was in a good mood today,"

" You know what I just realized?" he exclaims and I shake my head 'no' so he continues " I can't call you Coco puffs anymore, "

I just shrug taking a bite of my burger. " How about Coco strips, "

" What no, the first one was better," I reason

" But how can you be Coco puffs without the puffs," he says gesturing to my hair.

" I'll remove them in two to three weeks," I say. The name has kinda grown on me and doesn't want it to change.

" Okay Coco puffs stays, " he agrees after a moment of silence.

¶¶¶