Midnight drives

| Chapter 10 |

-••••-

After we ate, he drove us to a nearby park. We aimlessly walked around in comfortable silence for a while but I could tell he was dying to talk.

So to bring him out of his misery I decided to break the silence " where do you work "

" I work at Walmart and sometimes times as a waiter at this place downtown" he answers

" Why two jobs "

" I'm saving up for something, " I can tell he doesn't want to go into detail by the way he decides to change the subject " and you, why business school?"

" Honestly," I ask debating whether to tell him or not.

"Yeah"

" I want to take over my father's business and I at least need to know how to manage it. Plus, medical school didn't work out, "

He gives me a playful nudge " you will do great-- I can practically already imagine you in a tight black skirt ordering people around"

I let out a small laugh. I have always been fearful of the future and how I'm going to carry on my parents' legacy.

" Do you want to go out with me and a few friends tomorrow?" he asks scratching the back of his head nervously.

" I don't know if I'm ready to meet new people," I say honestly.

" Nah it's cool besides I don't think I'm ready to share you just yet "

" What happened to sharing is caring"

" Maybe next time " he replies smugly

By the time we get back to the car, it's almost 7 pm but I'm not ready to go home yet " Tell me about yourself "

" Uhm well let's see, I'm originally from Taxes but moved here when I was 12- I have two younger siblings... Uhm my favorite color is black and I don't like vegetables" he says as we get into the car "your turn"

" Okay, I grew up in Orlando and moved here about 3 years ago... I was an only child so no siblings- my favorite color is probably red and I don't like chocolate" I say and he takes his eyes off the road to give me a playful glare.

" You are a disgrace to humankind, "

" Dude it's totally overrated, " I exclaim

" I don't like it when you do that, "he says getting serious all of a sudden.

I frown " Relax dude, it's just chocolate,"

" Not that, I don't like it when you call me dude- Red and Ginger I can tolerate but dude is a Huge no," he says emphasis on the last part.

" Okay, pinky swear never to do it again, " I say extending my pinky finger.

He laughs before hooking his finger with mine " although I might forget because I can be very forgetful at times... So I promise to try"

He only chuckles at my rambling as he continues to drive.

" Okay, so besides chocolate what do you like " I'm literally trying to milk as much information from him as I can.

He thinks for a while before responding
" You, science documentaries and music"

I tried not to react to his playful flirting but it's hard when he is so direct " what kind of music?"

He smirks knowingly " I listened to a little bit of everything, well except kpop and classical music"

He parked outside my house and turned off the engine and turned to face me " so what do you like other than reading porn"

I scoff and give him the best glare I can manage " you only caught me at the smut part of the book the rest of it was pretty much PG 13" I lie

I am not about to tell him that I'm a slut by mind.

Although I'm a virgin in everything possible way.

" Whatever you say, Coco, know to answer the question," he says as he starts playing with the ends of my braids.

" I like books, memes, fashion and I even have a Pinterest account where a post all my outfits... Oh and I love food, you can literally but my heart that.

" So you are telling me that if I offered you food a month ago, I wouldn't have to spend weeks talking to myself," he asks waving his hands dramatically in the air.

" Us females can be very simple," I say smugly

He scoffs " says the one who doesn't like chocolate"

" Du- Bro you need to let it go "

" Don't call me that either" he says and I frown folding my arms over my chest like a child "what, why?"

" I just don't like it" was his short reply.

" You are just being difficult"

" You'll understand with due time why I don't like it"

" Whatever Red, " I say suppressing a yawn.

" Aww is it past little Amaris's bedtime "he mocks in a very irritating voice.

" No, I just had a long active day " I reason

" Whatever floats your boat "

" Well, I should probably had in, " I say opening the car door.

" Yeah, goodnight Coco puffs," he says as he starts the car.

" Goodnight Ginger " I get out and walk up to the door and he only leaves once he sees that I have safely entered the house.

¶¶¶