Out of sight, out of mind

| Chapter 25|

-••••-

I always had a bad habit of overthinking everything. My life has as taken a full 360 since I met him. He came and turned my life upside down in every way possible.

6 months ago, all I had to worry about was graduating and if my favorite author published a new book or not. I couldn't care less about maintaining any sort of relationship. But now, I can't seem to handle the most important one in my life.

Why did things have to get so complicated? I thought of myself as a clingy person. I always hated feeling vulnerable but most of all, I always hated longing for things.

Growing up, I longed for my parents' love. Longed for their time, their affection. And when they left the world, I longed for their presence. So I detached myself from the world, so I wouldn't get attached to anything or anyone. Because you can't miss what you never had. But today after 4 long years. I'm longing for something.

For someone.

The crazy part is that I don't know what exactly I'm longing for. What do I miss? Do I miss his cologne, his flirty remarks, or his carefree nature? Or maybe I miss the normal we had before I acknowledge my feelings for him.

I don't know how to act around him now. I never thought of myself as a shy person but ever since that night he came back, I can't seem to communicate properly.

Sofia claims that he might like me. Which is great and all but I know I'm not good enough for him. He deserves a girl like Samantha, elegant, beautiful, and experienced.

This has been haunting my thoughts for hours and hours on. Day and night, all I could think about is how is way out of my league he is. Ginger is every girl's dream. His handsome and with a heart of gold. Humble and kind.

Basically, everything I'm not. I'm selfish, conceited, and sarcastic. So even if he liked me, it would last long because we are not suited for each other.

After great difficulty, Sofia managed to convince me to come out with her tonight. I only agreed because it was her asking and I needed a little break from internal turmoil. Besides I'm sure it's nothing a few shots won't fix.

" What can I get you, ladies?" The bartender asks.

" A round of shots please," I answer earning a shocked expression from Sofia. " What we are here to have fun right,"

She just laughs, tapping her finger with the beat of the music. She looked amazing in a cute two-piece and black low heels. Her blonde her was flat ironed and perfectly styled.

I, on the other hand, didn't have much to choose from. The only dress I owned was dirty and Sofia made it clear that I should wear one. On such short notice, I freaked out and destroy my closet. Luckily I found this dress among my things from high school. It fitted like glove, although it was a little shorter than I would have liked

Our shots arrive. I take one for myself then one to Sof. I drew down my drink and shudder at the horrible taste. We end up taking two more shots each before making it to the dance floor.

Savage by Megan thee stallion played.

I moved my hips to rhyme. I could feel the alcohol working. Sofia and I took turns twerking. We dance until we were glistening with sweat. We would occasionally go back to the bar for more shots and return to the dance floor. By the time Tatiana by Blueface started playing we were more hype than ever.

I forgot about all my problems and the only thing on my mind was having fun. I'm super grateful to Sofia for making me come here. I definitely needed it.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and look back to find Noah. I squeal. " Hiiii,"

Shit, I'm definitely drunk.

Behind him see Raj and Rick. Does that mean Ginger is here? As if he read my thoughts. " Shawn didn't come,"

I frown in disappointment. " Why not?"

He laughs. " He didn't want to be designated driver,"

" Oh,"

Raj, Rick, and a few other guys make their way toward us and Rick immediately finds Sofia and gives her a breathtaking kiss. Even though I envy them. It makes me happy to see how in love they are.

" Get a room," the guy standing next to Raj says. Which makes all laugh.

" Amari, I didn't expect to see you here," Raj says.

" Sofia threatened my sneaker collection,"

" Seems like something she would do... Come on we have reservations in the VIP area, " Noah says and starts leading the way.

" NOW LET'S PARTY, " Sofia shouts through the music.

¶¶¶