thirty-two.

thirty-two.

--

"Looks like the police are not over with you yet. It's been a week," Clocks said while bandaging Aoe's wrist. He took a glimpse on the pendelum clock and sighed. "You only have three chances left, Aoe. Are you really ready to die?"

Aoe threw a glance on him before she sarcastically laugh. "What? Want me to continue living with this kind of life? Better die today than being put in jail," she answered.

"Ang gulo ng utak mo. Minsan gusto mong mabuhay ng matagal, madalas gusto mong mamatay. Will you think straight? The pendelum is giving you chances."

She stared directly to his eyes, emotionless. Clocks find it uncomfortable. He feels like her stares are penetrating his soul.

"Your eye..."

"What?"

"There's a clock in your eye."

He did it again. Clocks sat straight and covered his left eye using his hand like he's trying to fix it. He's losing control with his clock-eye one of this days.

"Don't mind it," he said.

Aoe sat on the bed and grab Clocks' hand that covers his eye before leaning closer to him who didn't even flinch nor move an inch.

"What is that eye for? What can that eye do?"

"Do you really wanna know?"

"Yes, I am," she answered almost whispering.

He moved making her move back to bed, then he leaned close to her ears, her still holding his hand. "My eyes can see how many times a person thought about death and the clock on my eye grants humans' wishes, if they want to live or die... in a limited manner."

She stared at the pendelum clock. "Tell me, Clocks..."

"Hmm?"

"How many times did you think of dying?"

He smirked. "Thousand times more than you think. I crave for death, but I can't die."

"How could you die?" Aoe moved and face him, distance were inches away.

"When the maker of the pendelum clock dies, I will die with him," he answered direct to the point.

Aoe gulped. She can feel her heart's fast and crazy rhythm. She raise her hand and attempted to touch Clocks' cheeks. Surprisingly she did. She felt his warmth.

"Say, Clocks..."

"What, Badflower?"

"Do you want to get in trouble tonight?"

Clocks stared at her, not answering her question.

"I remembered you. You are my costumer who took me out just to ask me a question, 'If I'm going to grant you a wish, what is it and why?', so I'm going to ask you the same question with additional one."

His breathing became heavy. She's so close that they can feel each other's breathing. "If I wish to die, will you grant me that wish?"

"I just need to find the maker, right? Then I will live, and you will die."

Clocks nodded and tuck Aoe's hair behind her ears before moving her chin up with his finger. "What about you, Badflower? Do you want to be in trouble tonight?"

That was the first time Aoe became Badflower at night.

‐‐

asereneko.