Help Her

TRIGGER WARNING
TALK OF ABUSE AND SEXUAL ASSAULT.

PROCEED CAUTIOUSLY ⚠️

Theo POV

I could tell how tired Zara was. Her eyes fighting sleep, her mind going a hundred miles an hour.

"She needs to rest, so if we could step outside I'll let you all know what's going on." The nurse said.

We all step outside the room and waited for what we knew would be bad news.

"Zara has been through a lot. Simply there are scars everywhere on her body from years of constant abuse. The whip marks on her body, some where infected we got those clean up. She has three broken ribs and a fracture in her leg, as well as the paralysis. Even though she can't feel the fracture in her leg it should be heal properly, so we will have her in a cast. For her ribs she needs a lot of rest, and no sudden movements." I could barely hear the nurse as she listed off what was wrong with our baby sister. I felt sick.

"We also found extreme trauma to her genital area. We will give her medication just to make sure there is no future possibilities of an STI, also the medicine is use as a prevention method. She has a long road to recovery and she is gonna need a lot of support, I recommend therapy. There is also the issues dealing with her drug abuse. Depending on how dependent she is on the drugs there may to be an option of rehabilitation."  I could tell the nurse wanted to cry, no child should ever have to go through this. Period. I looked to my brothers faces, all of with the same expression. We were all angry and sad. Angry at our father. Angry at ourselves. Angry at her foster parents. And completely and utterly sad for Zara.

There was complete silence after the nurse left for one last check on Zara before the night ended.I knew we all wanted to stay with her, but we knew that only one of us could stay.

I decided to break the silence. "Who wants to stay with her for the night?"

"Can I? I think I would make her the most comfortable. We were together so long with dad." Declan said. I knew that was true. They once had the closest relationship. Relied on each other for everything. I would be lying if I said I wasn't jealous.

"That's fine Dec. It's probably the best option anyways." Sammy stated. I could tell he wanted to be here with Zara, but he knew that him and Zara didn't have a good relationship because of the 9 years apart. It was the same for the rest of us as well. Declan was the best choice.

I looked over to the twins Flynn was leaning on Ezra shoulder tears running down his face. Ezra has never been the one for physical contact, but he knew his twin needed him, just as he needed his twin. His mind seemed far away.

We all got up to walk into Zara's room to at least see her before we left. As we walked in quietly, I could tell she was finally sleeping. We all kissed her on the head and walked out of the room, leaving Declan with her.

As we headed home we decided all to go in my car leaving Sammy's at the hospital. The drive home was silent, no words to be spoken. We all went up to our individual rooms to think about as has happened and what we could do for Zara future.

As I laid in bed that night all I could think was there was so much uncertainty in Zara's future and I don't know where to start to help her.

Hi Butterflies 🦋

When dealing with the ones you love trauma, sometime words are enough to express how you feel. Showing it through action and care is how the boys will try to have a better relationship with Zara.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I plan on writing more today. I hope everyone has a fantastic day.

Bella 💙