Chapter 15

(Pokemon is not mine and the picture above is a screenshot from the anime.
"talking"
'thinking'
-pokespeech-
Enjoy!)

Ash hummed as his Pokemon played around with N, Iris and Cilan's Pokemon. He had met Iris, a Dragon trainer hopeful the day after meeting his aunt on his adopted mom Emmaline's side. His aunt was ecstatic to meet him and Delia and welcomed them to her cozy cabin. It was a nice place to live in and Oshawatt got along swimmingly with his aunt's Kingdra who indulged him. He had met Iris when he left his aunt's house and overheard someone talking about a thief stealing food.

Oshawatt and Pikachu looked at each other as he decided to check it out. Buizel and Gliscor had taken Oshawatt aside and told him about the troubles that Ash seem to get into despite trying to avoid them or help solve them. They advised him to become strong and Buizel even fought with him before pointing out his weak points and giving advice on how to get stronger. The beat down had been a little depressing but the little water type understood he had to get strong especially as Buizel insisted he was not, Ash's the strongest water Pokemon but rather Blastoise who was back in Kanto that held the title.

Ash had met Tepig first then ran into Iris who helped him care for the poor fire type starter. He had asked Tepig if he remembered his previous trainer's name, after Ash got his name, he reported him. Iris who was surprised asked him many questions about how he could understand Pokemon. Ash had to calm her down and explain he only understood his Pokemon not Pokemon that belonged to others. Iris had simply hummed at that before deciding to stick around, out of curiosity, she said and she turned out to be very knowledgeable about Unova.

They met Cilan when they went to the first gym after making sure that Tepig was eating healthy and exercising properly. It had taken two weeks before Ash was actually comfortable to let Tepig take part in battle. In the two weeks his aunt had called him to give an update on the case and turns out the trainer had his license suspended and in probation. Iris had an oddly satisfied glint in her eyes when Ash told her about it, Cilan who was in the Pokemon Centre overheard them.

After the first gym battle and win, they were joined by Cilan who, 'found their flavors interesting'. Iris had sweat dropped mumbling why he couldn't just ask like a normal person to join. Ash simply laughed and welcomed him to the group and during one of his online chats introduced the two of them to Gary, Dawn, May, Max, Verity and Sorrel. Max had been very excited to meet Iris as he had just recently caught a Horsea and chatted up a storm about Kingdra. That caused Iris to be pumped up and decide, she wanted a Horsea too.

They had met N a few days ago and the green haired young adult had greeted him by his Priest title. Ash had gaped before making him swear to never ever call him by that title ever again. Iris on the other hand had been confused and Cilan had explained to her what happened back in the Sinnoh region. Iris had stars in her eyes at the mention of Palkia, and looked at the dark haired teen with a lot respect. Ash sweat dropped and told her it was a desperate moment and if the Legendary Pokemon had a choice they would never put such a huge responsibility on human children.

N had however disagreed with him, stating that Lugia adored Ash too and so did Ho Oh. At that moment Ash was saved from answering by a visiting Charizard who roared his greeting before grabbing Ash in a hug. The fire lizard rumbled snuggling him before turning to Tepig who looked at him with trepidation. The young fire type was very impressed by the older one and had started to question himself. Charizard was at the moment having a long chat with Tepig and sharing his previous experiences with backstabbing trainers. Tepig had his mouth open in awe when he learned about how Ash had Beedrill teach Damien his ex trainer a lesson.

Tepig, -He really did that?-

Charizard smirked, -Yes, big sister Beedrill was very smug about it. Ash is protective of us all and will never allow anyone to get away after hurting us. In fact, I am pretty sure he made your ex trainer's life hell by now.-