Homework

Alex flopped face first into their textbook.

"Jesus!"

"Wrong, guess again."

Alex shot upright in surprise, accidently banging their hand on the desk in the process, a whirlwind of curses flew out of their mouth as they cradled their hand. He was in the form of a large black shadow, after the last incident he seemed to want to avoid appearing as a human around them. Alex found that to be quite the loss since he was very pretty and looking at pretty things never hurt. Especially if that pretty thing had the ability to look exactly like Kyoya Ootori.

"So yesterday you threatened to castrate me and today you're acting like it's the other way around." He deadpanned.

They smiled sheepishly "...Sorry."

Lucifer seemed to be dumbfounded for a moment, at least, the human-shaped dark black shadow did, but it wasn't very easy to read emotion from a shadow. He shook off his momentary surprise pretty easily though. His shadow swirled around Alex's shoulders, pooling around the textbook before them.

"What is that?"

"Oh! Uhm, it's homework from my history class."

"Homework from your history class?" The confusion was obvious in his voice as he examined the book.

"Yes, I'm reading about the second world war right now. My assignment is to read it and fill out this worksheet." As Alex pointed to the sheet peeking out from underneath the textbook it was almost instantly snatched up by Lucifer's shadow.

"Wait so you have to know why the war happened?"

Alex scratched the back of their neck, reclining back into their chair "Well yeah, but that's only some of the questions. Like sometimes I have to say what motivated certain leaders to wage war and the hardships their countries had to deal with after," They waved their hands around dramatically "And the list goes on. I also have to write a paragraph about it and I need at least one primary source." They aggressively threw down the textbook "WHICH IS SO STUPID BECAUSE THEY ARE DEAD EVEN IF THEY WERENT WHAT DOES HE EXPECT ME TO DO, HUH!? FLY MY ASS OVER TO ANOTHER PLACE TO INTERVIEW THEM!?"

His shadow seemed to look at her mischievously. "If you ask me to, we could always go do exactly that."

Alex gaped at him "Wha?"

The shadow swirled around their body temptingly, "You can talk to them if you want. I will help you get your 'primary source', all you have to do is give me something small in return."

"No thanks." He scowled as Alex continued on, "Even if it would help me, I can't list that as a source, like who would believe that I ran my ass down to hell for a research paper. They would probably just think I belonged in a mental hospital." They thought for a minute, "I mean I do but that's beside the point."

"You mean to tell me that your reasoning is that it wouldn't count?" He chuckled to himself, "You certainly are strange. You do know I could do anything, right?" Lucifer shadows ruffled Alex's hair, "I could make you the most powerful person alive. Hell, I could hand you humanity itself on a silver platter."

Alex's face lit up; a stupidly happy expression plastered on their face.

He laughed "If you like the idea of power so much you should have asked for that."

"That's not why I'm happy." Alex gave him an overjoyed smile; they pointed toward the shadows that still rested on their head.

Lucifer's shadow swirled around them as he spoke "Why do you look so happy? I touched your head, nothing more."

"Just because, plus you laughed twice." Alex practically glowed as they grinned at the devil.

Almost instantly he seemed to shut down, his guard coming up in an instant, "Apologies contractor, something has come up and I must leave. I wish you luck on your work."

Alex lifted a hand and opened their mouth to say something, but he was already gone.

"Oh... have a nice day."