Just Another Contract

"Good afternoon human! Apologies for being so late-" Lucifer cut off and froze in the middle of the bedroom, staring in shock at Alex.

Alex sniffled and wiped their face hastily. "Hi." Their voice shook slightly as they spoke, and they clutched their pillow to their chest.

The devil gaped at his contractor in utter disbelief, "I realize this is not the right time to ask, but what am I supposed to do if you cry?"

They laughed a bit although it seemed like more of a sob than it did a laugh.

"You could bring me some ramen."

Without breaking eye contact he reached out his hand and seemingly grabbed a hot bowl of ramen noodles out of midair.

He put it on the desk near their bed and watched them cautiously as if they were a wild animal that would spook at any sudden movement.

To be fair, he wasn't necessarily wrong.

Alex's voice wavered as they laughed half-heartedly "Since when can you spawn food out of nowhere?"

He frowned down at his contractor, ignoring the question they had asked. Lucifer reached down and wiped away a stray tear on their cheek gently. "You're crying, why?" He asked.

They sniffled and turned away from his piercing gaze.

"Alex... just talk to me. Please."

Oh wow, would you look at that. 

The oh so powerful devil said the p-word. 

When he said it like that Alex had no choice but to answer him. "I don't know, I was just so sad and then it was really scary..." Tears brimmed up in Alex's eyes once again and they started shaking, their breathing speeding up slightly, "I don't k-know.."

Lucifer looked around, in a bit of a panic, unsure of what to do with himself in a situation like this. He eventually decided on sitting down next to his contactor and pulled them into his lap, "It's ok, you're safe now."

Alex sobbed into his chest, digging their fingers into his arm and clinging to him.

"It's ok..." He repeated, softly petting their hair. The longer the two of them stayed like that the more the shaking resided and their breathing calmed down. "I won't let you go my dear contractor, you are safe with me."

At those words Alex froze.

They choked out a dark laugh, "'Contractor' yeah, you know I almost forgot."

His hand stilled on their head as he noticed their bitter tone of voice.

"You're only here because I promised you my soul, Lucy."

The silence that followed was almost heartbreaking.

━━━━━✁┈┈┈┈┈┈

I am SO s o r r y for writing this one-
IT HAD TO BE DONE YOU GUYSSS