𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 1 - 𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

Heavy rain beat against the glass windshield of the car as you drove along the wet road

Heavy rain beat against the glass windshield of the car as you drove along the wet road. Your tired splashing through small puddles and drenching the sides then of the car in rainwater. Small thunder could be heard within the distance and from time to time flashes of lightning would blind the sky.

The windshield wipers on your car were barely helping you on your way home from work. It's nearly midnight and the rain seemed to beat down heavier and heavier each second. You knew there was going to be a storm, but you didn't think it was going to be this bad. And not to mention, it's not like you could just call out of work because of some rain falling from the sky. "I can't fucking see shit!" You groaned, gripping the steering wheel.

You leaned forward in your seat, trying to get a closer look at the road ahead of you. You were deathly afraid that you were going to crash and slid across the road and off into some ditch somewhere. And driving fast in the rain is never a good idea. There was barely anyone driving outside right now and not just because it was raining but because it was midnight and these were the back roads you usually took every day.

Reaching your hand out to the radio, you turned it on, dialing up the volume to get a good listen to the weather reports right now. "With our predictions, it seems like this rain won't stop for another hour." The weatherman spoke with confidence. Those words were all you needed to hear to drive you insane. Your best option was to wait it out for right now considering you can barely see.

Pulling off to the side of the road and pressing on the breaks carefully, you turned your car off and waited it out. Or at least until the rain dies down the slightest bit so you could make your way home. Your body leaned back into the seat, throwing your head back onto the headrest. A heavy sigh left your lips as you reached for your phone, the bright screen illuminating your face as you unlocked it.

In the back of your head, you were being stubborn about waiting this out. A whole hour? Just sitting here? No, you were too impatient for that. And you were exhausted from your job because your asshole of a boss was getting irking you through the whole day. Listening to the soft sound of the rain hitting the car, you perked up in your seat to see if it was slowing down.