𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 12 - 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

The sounds of birds chirping and the early morning wind that howled against your window were enough to wake you

The sounds of birds chirping and the early morning wind that howled against your window were enough to wake you. The sun poured into your room, the sun shining off the walls and the mirror on your dresser. A groan escaped your lips, your head pulsating and your lips sore. Reaching over to the other side of the bed, your hand felt nothing but the mess of sheets and an empty spot. "Dabi?" You opened your eyes to see no one there. He had already left. Of course, he did.

A frown formed on your face remembering what happened last night. Recalling those moments put fear into your heart, remembering how you were kidnapped and nearly killed. Your hands began to shake as you held the plush blanket against your chest, curling up into a small ball. You felt so violated and belittled. Nothing felt safe anymore.

Clenching your eyes shut, you held the blanket close, your heart began to race just recalling the moments. You swear your felt tears prick your eyes before your doorbell rang. Sprinting out of bed, you cautiously waited, creeping out from under the covers to the doorway of your room. "Y/n?! Are you awake?" Jin shouted, knocking at your door. You sighed in relief, taking in a deep breath as your bare feet hit the cold wooden floor.

As you undid the locks on your front door, Jin stood there a smile on his face. "Good morning, sunshine. Slept in late today?" He chuckled, stepping over the threshold. You gulped, shutting the door behind him, "late night." You spoke quietly, looking at him. He nodded his head, making his way over to your kitchen. Following behind him, you saw him reach for the bottle of orange juice in your fridge, grabbing a glass from the cabinet. "You don't mind, do you?"

Shaking your head no, you sat down at the island in the middle of the kitchen, bringing your legs over the stool while Jin set the glass down across from you. "How'd you sleep?" He asked, glancing up at you before pouring the juice into the glass. It made a quiet sloshing sound as it was poured, the juice moving all around the cup. "Horrible. How about you?"

Jin closed the orange juice, tightening the cap. "Eh," he shook his head, "it was alright. My boss called me during the middle of the night to discuss some important business between me and my co-workers." Jin took a sip from the glass. "Oh." You spoke, unsure of what else to say to him. Jin furrowed his brows, noticing the pout on your face. You've been like this for months and he can't seem to figure out why. Jin walked around the counter, sitting on the stool next to you. "Hey," He tapped your thigh, looking down at the bandages on your knees. "Look at me." He gently grabbed your face, but you pulled away, murmuring something under your breath.