𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 17 - 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐈𝐓 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐃

𝑰𝑻𝑨𝑳𝑰𝑪𝑺 = 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊

𝑰𝑻𝑨𝑳𝑰𝑪𝑺 = 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊

"Now shoot at the bottle." Red leaned in towards Dabi's ear, watching as the small pre-teen boy aimed the gun in the air, his finger on the trigger as he steadied his breathing. The wind blew through his white hair, fluffing it up while the sun shined in his eye, making it hard for him to see his target. Red watched closely, a hand on Dabi's shoulder before the young boy shot the gun, the sound ringing through the empty air. Glass shattered as the bullet struck, the birds fleeing from the nearby tree in the backyard, chirping as their wings flapped.

Red smiled in amusement, clapping his hands, "I'm impressed, you've improved, Dabi!" He ruffled his hands through the boy's hair. Dabi turned to look up at the man in front of him, his mischievous smile sending a chill down his spine as he handed the gun to him. "I told you my name is Touya." He muttered, looking at the man with his large blue eyes. But with each day that passed, you could see his innocence fade away, the light being stripped from his soul.

Red sucked his teeth, rolling his eyes, "not anymore, alright? It's been three months since I found you on the streets and you still can't get that through your head? Huh?" Red raised a brow. "I don't wanna be called Dabi though. I wanna be called Touya. It's my name." Dabi spoke, blinking. "Listen, kid, that's the name your parents gave you, okay? And from what it looks like," Red examined the burn marks on the child's skin, the thin bandages covering his wrists, "your parents are both pieces of shit. I'm here to take care of you now. You're lucky I found you when I did. But, if you live under my roof, you follow my rules. Understand?" Red looked at him.

Dabi quietly nodded, agreeing with him. "Good then," Red grabbed Dabi's hand. "Let's go meet your new brother." Red smiled, holding Dabi's hand in his as the two walked back into the enormous house. Dabi still hasn't gotten used to the idea that he was now living under some mansion with a man he only met three months ago. He never thought he would get off of the streets, searching for scraps of food in the back of restaurants and sleeping on the benches in the local park.

He didn't want to go back home. He hated it there. He was tossed aside, a useless family was all he had. He wasn't good enough for them any longer, he never was, to begin with. As soon as that new little brother of his came into his life, it was like he was forgotten. His quirk, his flames, he thought they were strong enough. He thought he was strong enough. But how come he gets hurt each time he uses them? He doesn't understand it. It hurts. It hurts so bad.