Prologue

3rd person's POV
Anne was laying down on her bed, as she flipped through photos of possible clients and suspects, until her phone rang.

She glanced at it, only to see it was her boss calling, which made her quickly answer the phone and put it on speaker.

"Hello?"

"Anne! I'm so glad you answered, so uh, we sorta have a new suspect, or suspects,"

"Uh huh?" She said as she shut the book and sat up to listen better.

"Yeah, you heard right! They own a successful company so it helps them cover up their... schemes, if they do actually do that stuff or whatever."

She rolled her eyes slightly at his attempt to still baby her by not saying it upfront.

"Dad, you know—"

"Woah! Its boss to you right now!" He quickly corrected as she only let out a snort.

"Right, boss, you don't need to baby me, I know they're probably criminals right? Anyways just give me their names or residence."

"Okay! They are... apart of the Wu residence, Mr. and Mrs. Wu, specifically."

Anne clicked her tongue as she glanced around her room, "Right, how am I supposed to uncover any of their dirt? I'm a kid and they're adults, I doubt they'll wanna speak to me."

He chuckled and said, "Smart kid, not to worry though, that's where Marcy comes in."

Anne sat up straighter that as she raised an eyebrow in confusion, "Who's Marcy?"

"I've been doing research on Mr. and Mrs. Wu, and it seems that they have a daughter, Marcy Wu. So how can you get closer to them without being suspicious? Marcy is the key to that, it's quite simple really."

Anne held her breath, she did not like the idea of using someone, and she released her breath soon after.

"Dad— I meant, boss, I don't think I can do that, I mean I don't really like hanging around new people unless I have to—"

"Well you technically have to since this is an order,"

"Right... but I feel bad about using her and exploiting her... I mean what if she finds out?"

The other line went silent for a couple of seconds which made Anne worried that the call had disconnected, but she realized it hadn't when he started talking again.

"It's not using her, per se, it's just... having a little push, you know? And besides it's for good! Her parents are possible criminals, alright?"

She hesitated but said, "Okay..."

"Great! We'll talk more about this later, but until then try to find a plan to somehow befriend Marcy."

She only stayed silent which made him sigh but say, "It's for good, goodbye!"

The call ended as Anne tore her eyes away from the phone and furrowed her brows.

Marcy Wu, the name of the suspects daughter, who she also had to befriend.

Hopefully this wouldn't be too complicated.

She looked up as a thought came to mind.

Hopefully I don't get too attached to her.

To be continued...

(A/N) I need a life, I keep on uploading new stories. 💔💀

Also how do you all pronounce Marcanne? Do you say it like "Mar-san" or "Mar-can"???