Chapter 4

3rd person's POV
Some classes had passed and Marcy and Anne only kept getting closer and closer, in the few classes they had together. Until it was finally lunch, and they quickly sat down at a table.

Marcy set down her food as Anne groaned, realizing that she had forgotten to pack a lunch, which made the other girl glance at her and raise an eyebrow.

"You okay?" She said and gently nudged her.

"I'm fine, it's just I forgot my lunch..."

Marcy slightly smiled and said, "I wouldn't mind sharing with a pretty girl."

Anne's face heated up as she looked away, and felt her phone vibrate, which she quickly pulled out, she trusted Marcy not to look, and she didn't.

B. Dad
Hey kid! I forgot to mention that I didn't pack your lunch on purpose! This'll probably help you get closer! Maybe you can ask her if you can share more yk! Ok bye

She let out a small, "Tsk," once she realized he had set her up yet again, without informing her first, and she put her phone away before glancing at Marcy.

"Well, how about lunch? What a romantic first date." Marcy smirked.

Anne sucked in a breath, knowing that this girl was making it really hard to not go soft on her, so she turned to her which caught her off guard.

"This isn't our first date," She said, sounding more cold than she meant to be, since it was apart of her job.

Marcy felt a little hurt at that, which Anne noticed as she felt bad and shook her head.

"Because our first date would be much better, I got to make my girl happy after all." She said.

She looked up and met her eyes, and bit back a smile, while Anne was busy convincing herself it was just to cheer Marcy up.

"Well, I can't wait til our date then, also your girl, huh? I can get used to that."

Anne blushed and looked away, before saying. "Whatever, let's just eat."

Marcy laughed and said. "You're so flustered! It's adorable."

Anne tried her best to look upset, but her red face kind of ruined it.

Marcy opened her lunchbox and handed Anne a sandwich, which made the other girls gaze drop from her hand and back to her eyes.

"Take it, I insist." She grinned.

The brunette nodded and grabbed the sandwich, which made their hands momentarily graze, which made both of them more flustered than they'd like to admit.

Marcy looked away and cleared her throat, while grabbing the other sandwich in her bag and eating it herself, while they occasionally chatted.

Soon into the conversation, Anne realized she was supposed to dig up dirt so she quickly said. "Uh so, uh, what's your family like?"

Marcy froze as she held her breath, as her mood suddenly changed.

"I don't really like talking about them..."

Anne's eyes widened as she profusely apologized.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I'm so sorry, I didn't know—"

Marcy cut her off with a small laugh and waved it off, "It's fine, like you said, you didn't know."

Guilt washed over her as she looked away, which Marcy didn't notice and she only smiled at her.

This was gonna be draining.

To be continued...