Chapter 23

3rd persons POV
They made it in front of their destination, it was a large mansion with those gates that looked straight out of a movie.

Anne tried and failed to keep her admiring eyes at bay, Marcy typed in a code, she trusted Anne enough to do it in front of her, and the brunette saw what it was.

297161211419

Anne probably wouldn't remember it but she hoped she would, they went past the gates and finally entered the house after Marcy used her keys from her pocket.

She closed the door and let go of Anne's hand before walking further into the house, the brunette couldn't help but look around, at all the small details, this house didn't seem very homey, but she didnt understand why.

There didn't seem to be any family photos hung up either, if felt off to her, but Marcy kept walking until they were finally at her room and she turned around and faced Anne, which startled her.

"You probably understand by now, this is where I live."

Anne frowned slightly, the average person would call their house their home, but Marcy only saw it as the place she was living in.

It was a bit depressing.

Silence passed, it felt awkward, but only by a fraction, Anne swallowed before clasping her hands together and saying. "Nice place."

Marcy looked away, an amused smile coming onto her face as she whispered to herself. "Not really."

She quickly moved on though before Anne could even question it, "We do need to talk, and I will respect whatever decision you make."

Anne silently watched as Marcy sat down on her bed and patted the spot next to her, she walked over and sat there, turning to face her.

"Listen, Anne. I want to hear what you think of what almost happened between us, but I'd also like to go first, if that's okay with you?"

She nodded, she was nervous for what Marcy had to say, since the last time she tried to profess her love, she only got shot down and hurt.

"Okay... I like you, Anne. Like I really like you, and I've been struggling to accept that, which might be shocking to you since I was flirty, but... I don't know... I put up this confident persona because I'm scared-- I'm scared to get too vulnerable, and I understand if you don't like me, or if you even are disgusted by me because I--"

She took in a deep breath as she felt Anne's gaze on her, it was already hard enough as it is to say these things, but knowing, she was there listening, and perceiving her was honestly scary.

"You don't have to feel like you're obligated to apologize if you don't like me, I get it, you can't control how you feel, but... You're amazing, ever since you've came into my life its just been... Like you were a fallen angel sent to me or something!"

Anne's face scrunched in slight guilt at the last part, she hated remembering why she was here in the first place.

"And before you came into my life, it was like this constant cycle of emptiness and, there was no reason for me to... exist, really. Not in a sad way, of course! But... life felt pointless..."

Anne felt her eyes tearing up, Marcy's words, her soft tone, and loving gaze made it hard to keep control of herself.

"But you changed that, you make me feel like I'm not a mistake, you make me feel like I'm on top of the world and like we're the only two people in the multiverse, you make me feel alive, and I do understand why I fell in love with you."

Annes heart fluttered at Marcy's words, but guilt still ate up at her, Marcy had no idea Anne was an agent, she even told her she made her feel alive but, Anne felt her head spinning and her chest tightened.