Chapter 22

3rd person's POV
"She's the one that walked in on us almost kissing—"

Anne's eyes widened at Marcy's loud voice and she swiftly clasped her hand over her mouth, but at the point the other girl didn't have anything else to say, and she only gazed into Anne's eyes silently, waiting for her next move.

A frown made its way on her face when she saw Marcy raise an eyebrow, almost as if she was testing her.

Ivy glanced between the two and a realization occurred, "Holy shit, that's why you two were acting so weird that day!"

They both turned to her as Anne dropped her hand and walked over to sit at the table, Marcy sat down next to her but didn't say a word yet.

"Ivy, talk louder, would ya?" Anne said sarcastically as Marcys face twisted in confusion.

"Wait, wouldn't you want her to be more quiet? Why-- oh, you were being sarcastic."

Anne pursed her lips as Ivy laughed silently, finding humor out of the whole situation.

"Oh wow, it all makes sense now, no wonder Anne ran out of the room!"

A guilt arose in Anne's stomach, but she looked away, Marcy noticed, she wanted to do something, but she was afraid she'd be crossing a line if she did.

She hesitated before closing her eyes and gently grabbing Anne's hand from under the table.

The brown-eyed girl looked down and back up at Marcy's eyes, the soft and adoring look she was met with was overwhelming, and for a second she got lost in it, until Ivy cleared her throat.

They turned to her and she leant closed and whispered, "If you want, I know a good way to get out of here."

Marcy smiled at the idea but Anne furrowed her brows and said. "Wait, are you really suggesting that we skip school right now?"

"It doesn't have to be the whole day, it could be just lunch or until now and next period."

Anne didn't want to risk getting in trouble, so she was conflicted, but Marcy beamed and nodded eagerly, she was all for the idea.

"Lets do it!"

"Wait, what---" Anne said but got cut off when Ivy got up and gestured for them to follow her.

Anne reluctantly got up, since Marcy was still holding her hand, she didn't want to let go, at least not yet.

They snuck past the cafeteria doors and wandered around the quiet and empty halls, Ivy led them to a secluded door under the stairs that led them outside.

Once they were out, Ivy quickly informed them of more things, "Okay so, these doors are usually open all day, so if you want to come back, come through this door, it's usually empty around here so you probably won't get in trouble, alright bye now!"

Ivy walked back inside, and left the two girls out there alone.

Silence filled the air, the only noises being the wind and their gentle breathing, they still had their hands interlocked but neither of them commented on it, too afraid that if they did, the other would distance themself away.

Anne broke the silence, "So... Are we finally gonna talk about... yesterdays events?"

Marcy was surprised, she didn't think the other girl would even want to talk about it, let alone bring it up herself.

"Yeah... But not here, I know where we should go to talk..."

And with that Anne followed Marcy to wherever she had in mind.

To be continued...