Chapter 17

3rd person's POV
"Can we talk?"

Anne tensed up and gulped, she knew Marcy was probably gonna confront her, but she didn't think it'd be this fast.

"W-What for?"

Marcy sighed and shook her head softly, "I think you know why,"

She stayed silent, not daring to look Marcy in her eyes, even though she could feel her gaze on her.

"Anne... I'm not gonna force you to talk, if you don't want to--"

"Okay, great! Then this conversation is over, because I don't want to talk!"

Marcys eyes softened as Anne went to turn around but Marcy quickly put her hands on the side of her face to trap her, which made the brunette freeze and finally meet Marcy's eyes.

Anne flushed red once she realised how close they were but she still had to look down to see Marcy since she was slightly taller.

Marcy didn't notice Anne's flustered face, instead she let out a breath and looked into Anne's eyes.

"I'm sorry for trapping you, but you don't have to talk to me, I just want you to listen to me, hear me out."

Anne hesitated but when she stared into those emerald eyes, she knew she wouldn't be able to say no, so she nodded.

The other girl sighed in relief, but kept her arms in place, just in case Anne stubbornly changed her mind.

"Okay... I just... I know you're upset with me, I just don't know why... Did I do something to upset you? You know you can be honest with me, Anne."

Anne sucked in a breath at the second part, because she knew, she knew she couldn't be entirely honest with her, the only reason they know each other in the first place was because of something she could never tell Marcy.

Anne looked down, she knew she had no right to be upset with Marcy, its not like they were dating.

"Nothings wrong, just in a mood I guess."

Marcy frowned, and dropped one hand so she could put it on Anne's chin and she tilted her head up so she'd be forced to lock eyes with her.

"I don't know what I did to make you sad and you don't have to tell me if you don't want to, just whenever you're ready,"

"But... I wanna make it up to you, somehow... Just give me the word and I'll do everything within my power to make you smile." She said softly.

Anne closed her eyes, she was in awe, Marcy really cared about her, Anne knew she didn't deserve her affection.

Anne knew Marcy was staring, she felt it, and she knew she shouldn't stay, she knew she'd give in.

She let out a breath and slowly opened her eyes, to be met with Marcy's patient ones gazing right back.

Anne didn't know what it was, maybe it was the fact that she was vulnerable when it came to Marcy, whatever it was, prompted her eyes to drop to Marcy's lips.

She didn't know if Marcy noticed or not.

If she did, would she kiss her? Anne wanted that to happen, and no one else would even see.

Anne glanced back up at Marcy's eyes, which made the girl tilt her head.

"Would you kiss me?" Anne whispered.

Marcy was taken aback by that and her hand dropped from Anne's face and went back to Marcy's side as her face heated up.

She wasn't sure what game Anne was playing at at all, but this probably would never happen again.

So even though she was flustered, she mustered up all her confidence and said, "In a heartbeat."

Anne sighed and she knew now she couldn't go back, so she leant in slowly, until their faces were inches apart.

That was until they heard the door creak open, they both jolted at the noise, and Anne quickly shoved Marcy away from her which made the girl fall to the ground with a thud.

"Ow." She winced.

They both turned their heads to see who it was and saw a confused girl with a blue beanie glancing between the two.

"Um... You two okay? Looks like you've seen a ghost."

Anne let out a sigh of relief when she realised the girl hadn't seen what had happened, and she quickly straightened up and glanced at Marcy who was still on the floor, but she was looking right back.

"We're fine... I gotta go, bye." Anne said and rushed past the girl, this time Marcy couldn't stop her.

She didn't look back or try to wait for Marcy, she couldn't, not after they were about to kiss.

The mission was the last thing on her mind at the moment.

To be continued...

(A/N) And this whole chapter was just a figment of Annes imagination~

Nah, just kidding!

...or am i?