Chapter 29

3rd person's POV
They pulled up outside Marcy's house, and parked the car before getting out, and making their way in front of the gates.

Marcy punched in the code and gestured for them to follow her, when they did, she stopped in front of the door.

Her eyes narrowed in suspicion once she noticed the lights were on, she didn't remember leaving them on when she left.

She brushed it off, assuming she had just forgotten since she was so excited about seeing Anne. She inserted the key and unlocked it, twisting the handle, and they all walked inside.

Anne's eyes darted around, she noticed every single light was on, while Marcy had noticed things were upside down and out of place.

A new unsettling feeling settled inside her, she quickly grabbed a baseball bat from a closet in the halls, she knew to keep it there in case someone broke in, or she was in trouble.

She turned to Anne and Mrs. Boonchuy, putting a finger to her lips, signaling them to be silent, she walked deeper into the house, making sure the two were safe behind her.

Silence was the only thing they heard, until they made their way near Marcy's parents room, which immediately alarmed her and she opened the door, it creaked open as she saw what was inside.

Her eyes widened as Anne closed her eyes, not wanting to see Marcy's reaction and Mrs, Boonchuy gasped.

There were a few men searching the room, the whole place was a mess and didn't even look near to how it originally looked, but that wasn't what made Marcy the most upset.

It was the fact Mr. Boonchuy was kneeling down and giving the men order.

She gripped her bat, she didn't have the slightest clue on what was going on, and she really hoped this was some misunderstanding.

Mr. Boonchuy finally looked up, caught off guard when he saw his wife and daughter there, along with the youngest Wu.

He quickly stood up and splattered an awkward smile once he saw the disapproving look his wife was giving him.

"What a surprise! What are you doing here?"

He walked cautiously, once he was near, he slowly took the bat out of Marcy's hands, and set it down.

"Well--"

"What the hell are you doing searching my parents room?"

Marcy looked angry, but she tried not to let it get to her, since it was her unofficial girlfriends father.

"Hey now! This is all just a big misunderstanding!"

She narrowed her eyes and furrowed her brows, "Oh yeah? Then explain what you're doing! What could possibly be a misunderstanding of you raiding my house?"

Mr. Boonchuy winced and he honestly didn't know what kind of excuse to make up, he glanced at his daughter for help, but she didn't meet his eyes and only kept staring at the ground.

"I--"

"You can't even think of anything?! Did you think I wouldn't come back here and catch you? And even if I didn't, I would've known something was up if I found all the lights on and my parents room a mess!"

Anne's eyes widened at Marcy's angry tone, this is the first time she's seen her mad and yelling.

She gulped, hoping that it wouldn't be directed at her ever.

"Kid, I know it seems like I'm a bad guy for doing this but I swear! We're only doing this with good intentions, your parents aren't... They're--"

He struggled to come up with the right words, and Marcy crossed her arms with a glare.