Chapter 24

3rd person's POV
They made it inside the school again by using the door they came from, once inside, they walked around.

Lunch was over and the next class was barely starting, so they reluctantly said their goodbyes.

"I guess we have to head to class.."

Marcy nodded slowly, a silence passed through them, both of them unsure on what exactly they were and if they had a label or not.

Anne hesitated before pressing a gentle kiss on Marcy's cheek, which made the ravenette's eyes widen as her cheeks dusted with pink.

"Bye." Anne rushed out before quickly walking away.

Marcy stared after her, completely astonished, but she smiled and turned around, deciding that she should head to her class.

Once she entered, her eyes landed on a familiar blue-eyed girl who was scribbling down on a notebook, Marcy sat down next to her, which made the girl look up and slam her notebook shut.

"Marcy! Hey."

She slightly smiled and nudged Sasha gently, "No need to be so spooked around me."

Sasha softened into a smile, tilting her head slightly once she noticed something different.

"You seem... smiley. Did you win the lottery or something?"

She laughed and looked down at her hands, Anne crossed her mind and it only made her smile more.

"Can't I just be happy for no reason?"

Sasha pursed her lips and shrugged, "Technically speaking, yes. But there's gotta be someone or something causing that adorable smile."

Marcy rolled her eyes playfully and shoved Sasha, they both laughed softly as the class started filling in, but the teacher still wasn't there.

"Well... Actually, there is someone..."

Sasha perked up and raised an eyebrow, slightly curious on who had caught Marcy's attention.

"There's this girl, Anne..."

Sasha's smile faltered at that and her stomach dropped, there was no way this was happening.

She spaced out, she knew Marcy was probably rambling about Anne, and that only hurt, Sasha furrowed her brows.

There's no way this is the same Anne, right?

Frog, who am I kidding? Its obviously my Anne-- not my as in mine, but like I know her--

Of course it's Anne, Anne mentioned someone she almost kissed and now Marcys mentioning Anne--

Wow, that hurts actually.

Sasha let out a breath and closed her eyes, she felt her heart sink when she heard Marcy's voice still talking about Anne.

"And she told me she liked me! Me! I can't believe it, she's amazing--"

Sasha blocked her out, squeezing her eyes shut tighter, she couldn't bare hearing about how Anne moved on.

She was happy for them, but that didn't mean it hurt any less.

-

Anne sighed as she sat in class, this was the only class that she had zero friends in.

It sucked.

But at least she could think of Marcy...

She felt her phone vibrate, she glanced at the teacher to see that he wasn't looking in her direction, before looking at her phone.

B. Dad
Anne, have you gotten any information out of Marcy?

Anne held her breath when she read the text, she had completely forgotten about the mission.

She gulped and closed her eyes, she had found some thing about Marcy, but she didn't want to tell her boss about them.

Reluctantly, she typed out a response.

Anne
No sorry
I'm trying tho

She had lied to her dad and boss, for Marcy.  She knew if he found out, he'd be disappointed.

B. Dad
Are you sure?
Don't lie to me Anne

Anne closed her eyes, she couldn't lie to him twice. So, she tried to rack her mind for something to have him lay off.

Until she finally found it.

Anne
They live in a mansion, with gates
It has a password, a long one

She tried to rack her brain, some numbers came to her, she tried to rearrange them til it made the most sense

297161211419

Anne
its 297161211419

She regretted telling him immediately after she sent it, but it was already done.

B. Dad
Good work
I thought Mrs and Mr. Wu's daughter would be more secretive but you've cracked her!
But it did take you a while to respond at first... Odd
Anyways bye!! Be good

Anne sighed and turned off her phone and shoved it in her pocket, she shouldn't have told him, but he would've gotten suspicious if she hadn't.

So with a heavy heart, she decided to at least try and pay attention, so she could take her mind off of the agent secret.

To be continued...