Chapter 1

3rd person's POV
It was the next day, and her dad had filled her in on what she was supposed to do, and even told her secret words so when she called him, they'll know without anyone else eavesdropping.

She let out an anxious sigh as she put on her shoes and got off her dads car with one glance back.

He gave her a reassuring smile which made her less nervous, but it didn't help much when she was finally gonna hang out with three people just because they're possible suspects, the highest she's ever hung out with was two after all.

"Don't worry, you'll be fine! They should be coming around this time since Marcy's school is this way, and don't worry, I already enrolled you there, just stick to the plan!"

She glanced around, making sure no one was around before nodding and he closed the door before driving off.

She hadn't even been there for more than two seconds before she noticed a girl approaching the school building, and she quickly stopped her.

"Uh hey!"

She looked at her startled, but slightly relaxed once she saw her, but was still a bit on guard.

"Um... sorry, I'm new here, do you mind showing me around?"

The girl let out a small smile before nodding, and Anne sighed in relief but quickly followed after her as they walked inside.

She looked around to see that the halls were already bustling, which made her a little uneasy, the other girl must've sensed it because she put a comforting hand on her shoulder, and caught her gaze.

"Hey, I know you're nervous since you're new here, but don't worry, you'll fit right in!" She said with an encouraging smile.

Anne's felt her face heating up at their prolonged eye contact and at the other girls concern, but she mentally scolded herself soon after and shook her head.

"Um... yeah, you're right, thank you...?" She said and trailed off for her name, pretending as if she didn't already knew it.

"I'm Marcy, and you are?" She asked as they kept walking.

She hesitated, unsure if she should use her real name or not, as if her dad had already thought of the possibility, her phone had dinged which made Marcy slightly curious, but since she respected her privacy, she looked the other way, which Anne was grateful for as she pulled out her phone to read it.

B. Dad
Hey heads up! Just use your real name, since the teachers will use it and Marcy would be suspicious if she heard it and realized that you used a fake!
Okay bye!! And have a good school day!!

Anne let out a chuckle which made Marcy look at her, and she quickly turned her phone off and put it back in her pocket.

"Sorry, um... a lame joke my dad made," She said, half lying.

Marcy half-heartedly smiled before nodding, but once Anne looked away, her smile faded. She didn't have a good relationship with her father, so she was a little sad.

She quickly shook it off and glanced at her, still waiting for her name.

"Um... I'm Anne,"

"Ah, I like your name!"

"Uh... thanks." She said, shifting slightly, she didn't really think her name was all that special, but she'd still accept the compliment.

Marcy tore her eyes away and smiled slightly. "I can tell we're gonna be good friends!"

Anne awkwardly smiled but didn't meet her eyes, now she felt guiltier for using this poor girl, and she hoped for Marcy's sake that they wouldn't get attached to each or become friends.

But that's where she went wrong, she already did care for her, but didn't know it, or brushed it off as guilt.

Marcy glanced at her and asked, "Hey, what class do you have first?"

The brunette raised an eyebrow, "Good question, lemme check!"

Marcy stared at her for a second before giggling and saying. "You didn't check your schedule before? You're literally unprepared and in school."

Anne blushed in embarrassment and sent her a sheepish smile before muttering under her breath, "Well... I didn't know I was gonna get distracted by a pretty girl.

Marcy stared at her in shock, as Anne winced, realizing that she had said that out loud.

She anxiously glanced at Marcy, but the girl only slightly smiled, which made her quickly look away.

No, I can't get used to her smile.

She sent a small glance to Marcy who was confused, but she quickly looked away.

Frog, her smile is nice.

She shook the thought away as Marcy said. "Well, I personally think you're prettier, but thanks."

Anne mentally groaned as she gritted her teeth, this girl was too nice for her own good.

Marcy waited in anticipation, expecting Anne to do something bold, but was only disappointed when she didn't meet her gaze.

"Um... anyways, my first class is Art."

"Me too! I'll walk you there," She said and smiled softly.

Anne gulped but nodded, convincing herself it was just for the mission, and nothing else, as they walked away.

To be continued...