Chapter 3

Elisha's POV:

A week and two days have gone by since the project was handed out and let's say Bennet isn't the best partner to have. He always has an excuse whenever its time to work. If it isn't football practice, it's going to a party and if it's not a party, he's hanging out with one of his girls.

I'm trying very hard to hold my frustrations in and not erupt but it's getting harder as each day goes by.

I've spent the last 2 hours in the library, patiently waiting for him. I don't know how many texts I've sent him but does he reply. No.

Suddenly, the library door opened and in came the man of the moment. Not only was he late but he was strolling in with a blondie, hand in hand. He looked in my direction but completely ignored my presence. He walked pass me and took a seat at another table, letting the blondie sit on his lap.

At the corner of my eyes, I could see them laughing and taking selfies while I was working on our project, ALONE. Twenty minutes passed and as the seconds sped past the more my veins felt like popping.

"Calm down Elisha, calm down."I kept fidgeting with my hands to cool my anger. "He is not worth it."

I looked down at the module, filled with words and no pictures.

"Hey partner hows the project going?"

Bennet appeared out of nowhere with spring water in his hands. Patting my back, he took a seat beside me, opening his book for the first time.

"Here's some water."

He winked, shoving the bottle into my hands and drummed his hands on the table. My head snapped in his direction and all sanity left my body in an instant.

"Are you being serious right now..." I threw the bottle at him, "first you arrive late then you totally ignore my presence and the only thing you can say is how's the project going."

"Well what am I supposed to say?"

He shrugged his shoulders.

"Pairs. We were put in pairs to do this project. The only thing you've done is walk around the library and talk to every girl that comes your way."

A smirk played on his face which made my blood boil even more.

"I'm a guy , what do you want me to do."

He lifted his hands in surrender.

"Listen here. Not all of us have billionaire parents who can shower us with gifts whenever. Some of our parents work day in and day out, making sure that we have a bright future. I really don't mind asking for another partner or doing this whole thing by myself if you're gonna continue treating me like your slave"

I know my words were a little harsh but I couldn't hold them back. Seeing how inconsiderate and unapologetic he was infuriated me.

Gathering my books and shoving them harshly into my bag, I pushed in the chair  and left. If he wasn't going to take this project seriously, then I wasn't going to waste my time.

"Where are you going"

He asked, observing every move I made.

"I don't know but somewhere away from you."

I shoved him out of the way and headed towards the automatic doors.

"Elisha wait!"

He yelled, running behind me.

"I'm sorry okay. Are you happy now?"

His forced apology made me clench my fist in anger.

"No, now leave me alone!"

I hissed viciously, getting ready to cross the road.

"Please Elish" I stopped on my tracks, surprised by the sudden nickname. "I'll try to be a better partner, I promise. Can you please come back now or do you want me to go down on my knees and beg you."

Turning around, I was greeted to a Bennet on his knees with pouted lips and puppy eyes.

"Fine, I forgive" I rolled my eyes, "but we should definitely call it a day. I'm starving right now and I can't think well on a hungry stomach."

I hadn't eaten anything the whole day and it was about to be 3 in the afternoon.

"You up for pizza?"

Bennet offered, brushing the dirt off his knees.

"No I'm fine thank you. My dorm is not that far away."

I looked at the building which was just across the street.

"Come on. Take it as an apology snack "

He insisted, trying to use his charm that work on every girl but me.

"Apology snack! Really?"

I tilted my head sideways, unamused by his attempt at wooing me.

"I mean who ever says no to free pizza"

"Me"

I turned around and proceeded to cross the road.

"Are you scared that you're going to fall in love with me."

He teased, standing at the other side of the street with his hands in his pocket.

"Don't flatter yourself too much pretty boy."

I bit back.

"Then come with me. I'm sure a little slice won't kill anyone."

He took out his hand and waited for me to take it.

"Only this once."

I sighed. Finally giving in.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

HELLO EVERYONE

I HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING THIS BOOK. PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT SO I CAN KNOW HOW YOU ACTUALLY FEEL ABOUT THE STORY.

BE FREE AND STAY BLESSED. DON'T FORGET TO READ THE HOLY BIBLE ✝️💕