Chapter 32

Bennet's POV:

I sat up, looking at the ceiling, just soaking in everything that the doctors had told me. Apparently, after I had fallen unconscious in the ambulance, I was rushed into the Emergency Room in extremely critical condition. During the course of the operation my heart stopped beating and I ...died.

The doctors told me that it was a miracle that I woken up but I don't believe it for I know it was the grace of God that woke me up again. He is the only one who can make the deaf hear, let the blind see and wake up the dead.

The click of the door opening took me out of my thoughts. A doctor with a badge written Benson walked in with my father.

"Good day Mr Bennett Choi, I'm Doctor Benson but you can call me Doc Ben. I just wanted to know how are you currently feeling today?"

Asked the doctor, holding a clipboard in his hand.

"My left shoulder kind of hurts but either than that I'm good."

"You know surviving this accident was a miracle right.

"But by the grace of God I'm still here and feeling better than ever."

I rejoiced smiling.

"Umm Doc, do you mind giving me a few minutes to talk to my son in private."

Asked my father taking a seat on a chair nearby.

"No problem sir."

Doctor Benson said, signing the last paper on his clipboard and exiting the room that was now tense.

"Bennett are you that crazy. What were your thinking?"

Yelled my father, getting up from his chair.

"What do you mean what was I thinking. A truck ran into me."

"Do you know what would have happened if you died. Who do you think would have taken care of the business and continued my legacy."

"Your son almost died and the only thing you can think of is your legacy."

"When I leave this world I want to leave something to be remembered for."

"Not everything in life is about you Dad. The world doesn't only revolve around you."

"That's what useless, inadequate and insignificant people say."

I closed my eyes and asked God to fill me with meekness and soften my heart because I knew I was going to say something not holy.

"When you die, people will mourn for a while then they'll go back to their ordinary lives. When you die people will fight for your possessions and they will be scattered all over the place. The legacy that you have left will only be remembered for a while then completely forgotten because it was based on wealth and luxury not humanity and love."

"What are you talking about."

"I'm telling you that this world is temporary, these fancy cars you drive are temporary and the business you put your blood, sweat and tears is temporarily. Stop focusing on the temporary, external things and focus on the inner, internal and everlasting things."

"I've been on this earth longer than you and I know what's best for you, me and the business."

"So educate me please. Tell me what is good."

I retorted, feeling my blood boil.

"You will be engaged to Hana Wong, daughter of Xiao Wong, the owner of Wong Corporation."

"No I will not do that."

"It wasn't a question, it was a statement."

"You can't force me into an arranged marriage."

"I just did."

He picked up his briefcase and slammed the door behind him.

*****