Chapter 17

Elsiha's POV

"So how was it babysitting with Zach?"

Asked an annoyed Brielle, wiping the dust off the coffee maker in the cafe.

"It was good." I beamed in contrast to her attitude, "He's a really good uncle and Adira is the definition of adorable. I brought her chocolate and she refused to share with him."

I giggled the last part , remembering the memory.

"Great" She slammed the cloth on the counter top and walk away. Looking around the empty room, I stood frozen and absent-minded. Did I say something wrong ?

"Is everything fine." I asked the agitated girl.

"Yeah I'm fine." She hissed, giving me a quick glance then going back to her work.

"No! you're not fine. Now spill the beans."

I grabbed the cloth out of her rigid hands and gave her a stern look. Being friends for 7 years,  I could tell whether Brielle was actually fine or faking it.

She let out a heavy sigh before rolling her eyes at me, "It bothers me that Zach asked you to help him babysit instead of me."

I bit my bottom lip as I tried to suppress the grin that was threatening to show. Her statement was so ridiculous that I found it hard to take seriously. Yes, Zach was a good guy but I couldn't imagine myself dating him. I saw him more as a friend that a boyfriend.

"Are you being serious right now." I exclaimed.

"Does it look like I'm joking." She folded her arms, " Everytime I talk to him, he's so cold, emotionless. You've only met him now but he's already introduced you to his niece. So does it look like I'm joking?"

Erupting into laughter, I leaned against the counter for support. It all made sense now. I had finally cracked the code.

"Do you have a crush on Zach?" I interrogated, analysing every feature on her face.

One thing Ive noticed about Brielle is she can say a whole lot of things but her face will do all the talking.

After a moment of hesitation, she shly nodded her head in approval. "Yeah yeah so what?" She brushed it off.

The corner of my mouth curved into a smile at the statement.

"Brie Brie's got a boyfriend. Brie Brie's got a boyfriend." I sang, dancing around.

The customers gave me weird looks but I didn't care. I've been embarrassed so many times that peoples opinions didn't matter anymore.

"Shut your mouth please." Brielle  covered my mouth, only for me to yank her hand off.

"Zach and Brielle sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes love, then comes..."

"If you don't shut your mouth I will shove this cup up your throat." Drilling her eyes at me, she held a plastic cup in her right hand.

"That's a bit aggressive, don't you think?" My eyes widened at the though of the threat.

"Then you better keep quiet." She continued, "or else you'll see your life flash before your eyes."

"You love me too much to do such.'' I kissed her on the cheek and went back to wiping the dirty tables.

Some customers really lacked table manners in this cafe.Who on earth spills coffee all over the table and then leaves it there. They could have at least informed us and apologized. I'm sure that's what any normal person with manners would do.