Chapter 25

Elisha's POV

Sitting on my bed, I turned to the next page of a novel I was reading called Let God be the Author. I was so captivated by the dramatic and heartfelt storyline that I totally zoomed out of reality and entered my own magical world. I was so hooked to the pages that I couldn't hear my phone ringing on my bedside.

"What do you want from me human!" I groaned, stuffing my face in my pillow out of frustration.

Reluctantly, I punched in my password and went into my messaging app, stealing occasion glances at the words inside the book. A small notification popped up at the top of my screen with the name Bear🐻 written on. My heart skipped a beat as I read the name out loud, making sure it was who I thought it was.

Ben and I hadn't talked for the past five days and it was safe to say that things were very much awkward. After he confessed to me, we never spoke since and did everything in our power to avoid each other...well I did to speak for myself.

BEAR 🐻
Hey there. 💜

Me
Hi💜💜

BEAR 🐻
Are you at your dorm??

Me
Yes why??

BEAR🐻
look outside your window.

I ran to the window and pulled the amber curtains apart. Leaning against his posh, black Mercedes, was a cheerful Bennet, waving his arms side to side.

                                          Me:
What are you doing here.

BEAR 🐻:
Why don't you come out and see.

Me:
On my way🏃

I leaped out of my bed and reached for the nearest pair of shoes. Running down the flight of stairs and out the building like a maniac, I waved at Ben who was waiting patiently across the road for me.

"Hello stranger danger." He greeted in an ecstatic tone.

"Hello Bear. What brings you here?"

I watched as the 6 foot giant swing his arms back and forth, suppressing the exuberant smile trailing on his face.

"I have really exciting news." He announced, bouncing from joy like a cheerleader, "Gemma isn't pregnant with my baby."

"Wait...what?" My eyes grew from shock as I placed both hands over my mouth, failing to process the raw news.

"It turns out she just wanted my money and the fancy lifestyle that came with being with me."

He shrugged it off as if it was a norm for a person to go through so much, even threaten to deteriorate your image, just for your money and the cool status.

"No way." My voice trailed off, "That's insane."

"I know right. And guess who the father is."

"Just shoot the answer already." I exhaled, prepared for anything at this point. I honestly wouldn't be shocked to hear that it's Mikey Mouse.

"Carl...Carl Richardson."

Gasping at the shocking revelation, I drew too much air into my lungs and ended up choking on my spit.