Chapter 14

Elisha's POV

The weather was surely something today. It has been storming and thundering since the early morning. The sky was completely grey and not a single ray of sunshine poked through a cloud.

The dorm was also awfully quiet and boring as Brielle went to her uncle Rodger's wedding in Hawaii, meaning I had the dorm to myself for a good three days.

I was now cuddled up on the couch with my favourite bowl of chicken noodle soup and watching a movie called My God is Able.

It was based on two teenagers who met at a youth camp and instantly fell in love but fearing rejection, they both refuse to confess their feelings and avoid each other at all costs.

"Tell her you love her dude." I moaned, throwing my slippers at the TV. "Why are sulking in your bedroom! You should be by her side before Garrid get her!"

Although I have watched this movie a zillion times, I still get triggered by how timid and naive the main guy is.

Knock knock, my door went.

"I'm on my way!" I exclaimed, taking the last slurp of the soup before jumping off the cozy couch.

As I walked to the door, I was confused as to who would come visit at this hour of the day, when the weather was this terrible. Weren't they afraid of getting struck by lightening?

"Just hold on a sec." I turned the keys and pulled the silver doorknob.

"Hh-hi." The soaking wet visitor turned around and his distressed eyes pierced through mine as they shimmered under the night sky.

"Ben?" I gasped, "What are you doing here."

I glanced over his shoulder to see rain pouring and flashes of lightning strike from a far distance.

"I didnt know where else to go." He confessed, sounding broken. "I just needed to hear your voice."

It was evident that he had been crying by the way his eyes were bloodshot, swollen and filled with pain. His shoulders slouched and his confident and radiant personality was extinguished and replaced by a broken man.

"Come inside." I opened the door wider.

The short sleeve t-shirt he wore was drenched and turned from white to transparent. His lips quivered from lack of heat and all colour drained out of his face. You could see he hadn't been sleeping for a while because of the dark bags under his eyes.

"Come, have a seat." I offered, patting the empty space beside me on the couch.

"Thank you. "

The battered school heartthrob whispered, doing as told.

"Is everything good?" I inquired.

"The real question is what isn't good." He wore a half smile, "You hate me, God hates me, my dad's forcing me to run the family business, Gemma's pregnant with my child and  threatening to ruin my reputation..."

"Wait what ?" I cut him off, "Gemma is pregnant? With your baby?"

The louder I said it, the more unrealistic it seemed. I stayed frozen in my body not shifting an inch.

"Yeah... Gemma Hastings, my ex girlfriend, is five weeks into her pregnancy. " He rubbed his temple in frustration. "And she wants me to marry her and raise the child together."

Stress was evident on his face although he tried to hide it. You could clearly see that he hasn't been sleeping for the past few days if not weeks.

"And you said what about your dad?"

I questioned, watching him sink into his seat.

"He thinks my never dying love for football is a phase, that I need to do something stable with my life. All in all, he wants me to run the family business. We even got into a physical altercation about it."

He closed his eyes and fought back the tears that threatened to fall. Bennett's walls were so high that he refused to cry in front of me because of the fear of seeming weak.

"Im exhausted, honestly." He continued, "Physically, mentally and spiritually... I am not doing well. And the worst part is I don't know what to do."

Hopelessness. That's what he felt at this moment. A breaken heart was all that was left of him. All the joy and passion that his eyes once carried was burnt and replaced with misery and grief.

"You need to learn to let go. Cry for once in your life. Don't be scared of what people will think. Just let your emotions take over." Tears started to collect at his lids as his lips quivered, "I'll always be here to pick you up. You'll never scare me away."

I pulled him closer to my embrace and wrapped my arms around his soaking body, "No matter what you do, I'll always care for you. I'll always be there in times of need."

And for the first time in my life I saw Ben break down and weep. His cry filled the whole room as he clung onto me tight, never letting go. All the pain, grief, hurt, rejection and anger he had bottled in for so long was released.

"It hurts!" He sobbed, "It.hurts.so. much."

His cry got louder as he buried his head on the crook of my neck. My eyes watered watching how broken je was.

"It's going to be okay. "

I promised, praying to God to make things better. To show Bennett the light at the end of the tunnel so that he could heal from everything.

"When? When will this all end?" He questioned. "Please tell me Elisha."

"I don't know where, when or how but it will happen. You just need to have faith. "

Rubbing circles around his back, his sobs got quiet and his breathing steadied again. 

"Please don't leave me." He begged almost inaudible.  "Because if you do... I don't know..."

"Shhh..." I paused him, "I'm not going anywhere . Unfortunately you're stuck with me forever."

I warned, earning a light chuckle from him.

"I don't mind that at all." He smiled and pulled away, wiping the tear stains on his crimson face.

**************************
Hello beautiful people

They are friends again!!!!!!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter because I certainly did.

STAY HEALTHY AND BLESSED 💜

PLEASE VOTE AND DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK

(●__●)