Chapter 8

Elisha's POV:

"You're home early."

I greeted an exhausted Brielle who had bags under her eyes.

"Not happy to see me love."

She replied, kicking her shoes off and throwing herself on the couch.

"How was work today. Was the cafe busy?"

I sat down beside her, completely forgetting that I had a visitor in my room.

"Same old, same old." She said, "Rude customers, a cute couple showing excessive PDA and hours of labour."

Brielle and I had been working at a cafe near the school campus for almost 6 months. Even though I got a full academic scholarship, I didn't want to be a couch potato and lay around and do nothing. So at the beginning of the year we both went job hunting and we've been working there ever since.

"My heels are killing me right now."

She loudly groan and let out a tired sigh. Rubbing her feet, she slowly closed her eyes and became one with the couch.

Suddenly, out of the blue, Brielle shot her eyes open and looked around the dorm attentively.

"What's that smell..." She hopped off her seat and walked around the room, "Is there a guy here..." She pulled the curtains apart and continued sniffing the air.

"Don't you dare say it's who I think it is."

Her voice became dark and stern with her dark eyes penetrating my stiff body.

"It Bennet here?"

She exclaimed.

"Sshhhh"

I ran to cover her mouth but unfortunately she had more muscle than me and easily ripped my hands off.

"Bennet might not be the nicest guy on campus but he sure smells the best. I know a Bennet when I smell one so just tell me... where he is."

She questioned, placing her hands on her hips.

"In my room." I mumble, "But it's not what you think. We were just talking, nothing more nothing less."

As if the situation couldn't get any worse, Bennet came out of my room with my lipstick smeared all over his lips and face. I turned to Brielle but her eyes were fixed on jaw-dropping sight in front of her.

"Trust me it's not what it appears to be." I tried to explain, " And Bennet what are you doing with my lip gloss."

A playful smirked seized his face as Brielle looked at me with judgemental eyes.

"Don't you think red was created for me?"

Bennet tugged his hair behind his ear in a feminine way.

"You're clearly on your last brain cell."

I grumbled, grabbing the lipstick out of his hands.

"I just wanted to try it on." He imitated a female voice, "What do you think."

Placing his hands on his hips, he pouted his incredibly red lips.

"Call me Sandra from now on."

He winked and turned around to show us his butt filled with my pillows.

"Shake it baby, shake it!"

He sang, shaking his butt side to side.

Brielle and I gave each other a confused look then erupted into laughter at Bennet's little stunt.

"Are you guys sure all you did was talk because Ben's lips are telling me otherwise."

Brielle teased between her laughter.

"Shut up!"

I replied.

After the laughter died down, Brielle picked up her shoes and headed to her room.

"I ordered some pizza a few minutes ago but I'm sure it's on its way now."

She announced.

"Let me go get the plates ready."

I volunteered.

"And I'll start heading home." Bennet grabbed his car keys, "It was great spending time with..."

Before he could finish bidding his goodbye, Brielle popped her head out the door and narrowed her eyes.

"Who said you can leave?"

She inquired.

"Oh sorry, I just thought it would be polite if I left since it's getting dark outside."

Bennet replied.

"Nonsense, have a slice a pizza first."

"No, I think I should get going."

Brielle gave him a glare, which sent shivers down my spine. Between the two of us, she was obviously the more intimidating and fierce one.

"Are you going to obey my command or do you want me to drag you back inside. Your option but pick wisely."

She wore a smile on her face but you could tell she was threatening him.

"Whatever you want queen of dorm 17."

Bennet finally gave in and placed his car keys back on the table.

The pizza soon arrived and we stuffed our faces in it. Brielle and Bennet talked the whole time while I felt like a third wheel, but a happy one, strangely. It was so fascinating to see how Brielle despised Ben in the beginning but now they acted like brother and sister. The cheeky comments they made about each other and the way they constantly bickered was so cute.

Once everyone was finished with the five star meal, Bennet decide to leave and Brielle went to sleep. I, on the other hand, couldn't even shut my eyes so I decided to take out my Bible. I opened up to Matthew 18 and decided to read a few verses.

Matthew 18:15 - " If your brother and sister sins, go and point out their faults, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over."

I had seen this bible verse so many times but it felt like God was actually saying it to me. I felt like he was talking about Bennet's faith and how he used me to push him closer to Jesus. Joy filled my heart as I continued to read the whole chapter. After a few minutes passed, I went down on my knees and spoke to God.

Dear Heavenly Father

I came before you today to thank you for all the wonderful things you've done for me. Thank you for all the opportunities in life that you've given me and all the sacrifices you've made for me. Jesus I just want you to know that I'm very blessed to have you in my life, for you are the Alpha the Omega, the beginning and the end. You are the start and the finish. My Shepard my Shelter my Savior. I love you so much.

Lord thank you for finding Ben again and showing him that there is light at the end of the tunnel. That your the light in the darkness. Please don't abandon nor forsake him for he has lost so many precious people in his life.

Please may you forgive me for all the sins I've done today and everyone around the world who've sinned against you. Please soften my heart to love others and please strength my soul to flee from temptation.

In the name of Jesus
AMEN

***************************
Hello beautiful people ✝️

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED READING THIS CHAPTER AND SEEING MORE OF ELISHA'S RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS.

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK.

STAY HEALTHY AND BLESSED 💜💜