Chapter 9

Elisha's POV:

Its a Friday afternoon and my day couldn't be going better. God's kept me on Earth for another day, Brielle and I are both on working today meaning we'll be bonding and Ben and I did our presentation which went above our expectations. I just feel blessed and at peace, you know.

I'm on my way to the football field to congratulate Ben on having the best project partner in the whole world and for being one of the most valuable college football players. He is now ranked the 3rd best centre back in the state and the 5th most valuable player in the country.

Skipping to the field, I couldn't wait for him to see the chain I had bought him with a football ball on it. I had made it myself and thought that it would be the perfect birthday present since his birthday was in two weeks time but now it looked like I was going to have get him another gift.

When I arrived at the field, there was absolutely no one so I decided to head to the locker rooms since their practice was probably over.

Patiently waiting for Bennet to come out, I stood outside the noisy room, staring at my wrist watch which showed the seconds going by.

"Bro what's going on between you and that black Christian girl."

An obnoxiously loud player with a deep voice asked, probably being Kayden Kross.

"Her name is Elisha and nothing is going on. Plus, there is no need to involve race."

Hearing my name being mentioned in their locker room conversation, I moved closer to the door to hear what was being said.

"Bro, everyone is talking. They're saying your losing your touch because of her."A mysterious guy spoke,"You are becoming weak."

Everyone in the room laughed at him as he said nothing in return.

"If you like her bro, we won't judge you honestly."

Kayden continued.

"No ewe!" Bennet spoke up, "Me and her. Never. I'm a man of standard."

His voice carried a sense of arrogance, as if he was someone better than me and I was just a commoner.

"Then why are you always drooling over her whenever she walks past."Another guy interjected, "You look like her lap dog."

Everyone again chuckled and giggled in unison.

"Calm down Elisha." I tried to sooth myself, "Don't let them get to you."

After seeming to gather myself together, I walked to the door again and continued to eavesdropped.

"But I don't blame you Bennet, Elizabeth is the hottest girl on campus." Carl Richardson, one of the jocks of the school, added.

Even though I was standing outside, I knew he had the perverted grin of his face that always sent shivers down my spin from disgust.

"Her name is Elisha."

Kayden corrected and everyone laughed like hyenas at the correction.

"I don't need to know her name, I need to know her body."

Without thinking twice, I walked into the room but decided to hide behind a bunch of unused lockers. I still had a bit of sanity in my body even though it was depleting quickly.

"I know what you mean brother." My eyes caught sight of a shirtless Bennet, "The only reason I'm with her is because of that booty but either than that...she's just a plain Jane."

He shrugged his shoulders and continued to dry his wet hair from the shower he just had.

"But that still doesn't explain the Bible verses you always post."

Carl interrogated. Everyone averted their focus on Bennet, waiting for his response to the question.

"That's just my tactic of getting closer to her. She'll think I'm this changed person and fall in love with me. I get what I want and we keep moving."

My heart shattered as everyone in the room roared in amusement, cheering on his evil scheme. Standing tall
with a proud grin, he started dabbing up everyone present.

"If you done with her, can I have her next. "

Carl added, brushing his greasy, wet hair backwards.

"Sure thing ."

Ben nodded with a grin.

"Then it will be my turn." Kayden bargained," And once she gets a taste of me, she'll never look back."

My stomach turned at his inappropriate fantasy.

I couldn't take it any longer. My blood had reached its boiling point, matter a fact, it was above its limit. I went on  autopilot mode and kicked down the door of the locker room open.

"Hello Mamacita."

Carl Richardson stepped infront of me as he spoke in a flirtatious tone.

"Get out of my way."

I threatened, lasering my eyes at him.

"Make me!"

He smirked, undressing me with his lustful eyes.

Clutching my fist into a tight ball, I punched him with all the momentum I had and connected my fist with his jaw.

Everyone gasped at this action as the 6 foot 3 giant staggered backwards . A red mark appeared on his cheek and his eyes became bloodshot.

"Know your place and stay there."

I bite back and walked towards the shocked Bennet.

"Do you know what, it's so sad to see how you care so much about what other people think that you end up pushing away the people whom genuinely care about you."

I stood boldly infront of him as all the players stared at us. Never have I ever felt so used, so humiliated.

"Elisha...I-I can explain..."

He stuttered, clearly shocked by my grand entrance.

"I know you can explain but you can save that explanation for yourself before you go to bed."

My eyes burnt with fury as I clenched my jaw. The mean side of Elisha had erupted.

"You know what, I would rather be a plain Jane who loves God wholeheartedly and goes to bed with a smile on her face than a rich, brat, loser boy who cries himself to sleep and uses money to wipe his tears away."

A voice inside told my spirit to get out of the room before I said anything that could cause disaster but I refused. All my sanity had gone down the drain.

"That was a low blow."

Bennet whispered, looking deep into my eyes.

Finally giving into the voice inside me, I scanned Bennet from head to toe before heading for the door.

"And one last thing Bennet Lorenzo Choi." I spat out his name, "You can say anything you want about me but when you mess with my God. That's when we have a problem."

Throwing the jewellery box on the floor, I stormed out and slammed the door behind me.

"Never in my life have I felt so foolish and embarrassed." I cried, "How could I be so oblivious!"

Wiping away the tears of anger, I marched down the empty hallway as my heart continued to thump in my throat.

***************************
Hello beautiful people ✝️

Things just took a quick turn for the worst. Elisha don't play when it comes to her Heavenly Father but I loved the way she listened to the holy spirit which told her to stop.

PLEAS VOTE AND COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK.

STAY HUMBLE AND BLESSED 💜

I LOVE YOU 💜