Cracks

The party was in full swing, the Madrigals were entertaining the guests and Antonio was introducing the other kids his age to his new animal friends. Fuego stayed on his shoulder and Mirabel watches with a smile, but feels like crying.

The magic was strong and that meant the barrier was too and of course Antonio deserved the gift it was perfect for her brave Jaguar and obvious in hindsight but now... she had been prepared to loose Antonio tonight, but she wasn't prepared to loose Fuego too. Now that she didn't have Fuego around who was supposed to help her calm down? She has enough trouble on her own. She can't stay in the house Abuela wants her in the village helping, but she's finding it harder and harder to keep calm and her magic has been flaring up erratically. And not to mention she isn't sure how to keep it in, how long until her mama notices her missing food?

Let's just focus on the good though tonight Mirabel. Enjoy yourself. "Mirabel," the girl almost set something on fire when she turns to face her grandmother. She smiles while Abuela has a neutral look. "Yes Abuela need anything?" She asks with the best smile she can do.

"I am disappointed with what you did tonight," she said and Mirabel hung her head. "I'm sorry Abuela I just couldn't resist those eyes," Mirabel apologizes. Alma sighs and says. "I suppose it is alright as everything has gone perfectly," she said and Mirabel nods happy that Abuela won't punish her. "But," of course there is a but. "You'll need to be better prepared at saying no when you have your own little ninos running around Casita," Abuela said. It was a second before those words caught up to Mirabel.

"Wait what?" Mirabel asks looking at her Abuela as Alma smiles fondly staring in the distance lost in a memory. "Yes I remember when I met Pedro something we both agreed on was that we wanted a big beautiful family. Oh my fondest memory was telling him about the triplets. I have never run so fast before, I made sure he was on the bed when I told him. He was already so happy because of one but then when I told him it was triplets as I expected he fainted!" Alma laughs fondly at the story. While Mirabel found the whole thing interesting she had a feeling it wouldn't end with the best implications.

"Now my precious Night Light your quince is coming up," Abuela began. "And I am looking forward to it," Mirabel said. "Do not interrupt me. Anyway I was wondering if there is anyone from your school you want to invite?" She asks. Mirabel's surprised. "Well Harry and," "not them nightlight I mean anyone else? Perhaps that nice Draco boy you mentioned?" Abuela suggested.

Mirabel is surprised. Sure it would be fun having Draco, but the thing is his father is a death eater so. "Well I," Mirabel began when suddenly there was a loud cry.

"The house is cracking!" The partying around them stops abruptly as the three wizards ran into Antonio's new room. "The house is gonna fall!" "The candle flickered!" "The doors flickered!" The trio all explained out of breath and hurriedly as they stopped in front of Alma and Mirabel. The matriarch looks at them and the crowd looked around them with varying looks of temptations. "Everyone needs to get out!" Harry warns them.

Alma looks at the three then at the crowd and back to them. "Show me," she said

Meanwhile Mirabel was forcing herself to stay calm. "They can't have seen the cracks! Antonio got his gift the magic as to be strong!"

The three fifteen year olds ran out of the room only to look around in shock. The cracks were all gone and the candle was burning as brightly as ever. "What?" Harry asks confused adjusting his glasses to make sure he was seeing things right. There were cracks all over the house just a minute ago! "We swear there were cracks!" Harry insists turning around. "Everywhere and shaking!" Hermione said. "A shingle fell and cut my hand!" Ron exclaims pointing to his palm and the bleeding injury.