Camilo's Interlude and Mirabel's Confession

Mirabel knocks on her primos door before entering. The lights were dimmed, but she could see inside it well enough and didn't see him or his bed on the stage. "Camilo?" She calls walking further inside. She got no response so she continues. "I know we've had our issues but I am ready to be a better cousin!" She exclaims holding her hands out and looking around for Camilo. "So we should just hug?" She suggests with a shrug. "Let's hug it out come on!" She exclaims turning her back to the stage.

"Hug? You want to bloody hug?!" She turns and saw from the trap door under the stage emerges Camilo, or what must be him. His hair was long and blonde, his face was pale like his mami's while the rest was dark like his papi's, his clothing was a odd mix of feminine and masculine, and the only thing that wasn't changed was his eyes that stayed it's normal greenish brown. "Look at me!" He screams standing up and his form changes so now he had his ruana back, but he was now really short making it hard for Mirabel to take him seriously. "I'm hideous! I'm a freak!" Camilo yells at her shifting again and now he had his body except a baby's head with a moustache. Mirabel looks down before saying. "Look I feel like your upset," she says walking closer. Camilo growls at her.

"Because of your friends everything is a mess! Delores can't go outside her room, Mamì is seconds away from a hurricane, Antonio is about to loose the gift he just got, I'm useless to Fred and George now, and your the only one with working magic because your so much better and powerful than us, just like Abuelo," He said. "I never said," Mirabel began. "You want to be a better cousin?" Camilo asks finally shifting back to his normal body. "Apologize for ruining everything!" Camilo yells at her. She sucks in a deep annoyed breath, but then heard the house groaning and that reminded her of why she came.

"I.... Am.....sorry," she forces out of her like it pained her. Camilo grins smugly when Mirabel just had to yell. "That you have such a easy life!" Camilo stomps his foot and yells. "Out!" He orders and the carpet began moving back taking Mirabel with it. She jumps on a seat as Camilo walks back to his bed done with the situation. "Alright I'm sorry!" She yells struggling to climb over the seat. "Some of us have bigger problems you childish," Camilo gasps turning back to her. "Entitled mama's boy!" Mirabel yells. "Childish?!" Camilo yells stomping back up to her as she climbs over the seats.

"I have never gotten to be a child! I always had to be a grownup! You were the one that got to be a child you've always had it so easy! You always got everything you ever wanted!" Camilo yells and Mirabel rolls her eyes. "Oh right! Sweet little mama's boy has had it so hard! The Childish," she began. "I am not childish!" Camilo yells at her. "Okay then immature?" "No I'm not!" "Annoying!" "No!" "Than what are you Camilo? Please tell me exactly who you," Mirabel began when Camilo yells. "I DON'T KNOW WHO I AM!" He yells at her.

It becomes silent as they both stared at each other. He says quietly. "I've never known who I am," he confesses and sat down in front of a mirror. Mirabel blinks unsure if she should still ask for that hug as she hears music start up from the magical orchestra under them.

"I don't know who I am anymore
Ever since the light left my door," in the mirror and image of Camilo opening his door appears.
"I've been feeling like a soldier at war
And I fight with the cape and the mask you adore," he said twirling like a performer into Abuela.
"Oh, go now child, you'll figure it out," he sings in her voice before shifting back to himself.
"But how'm I gonna be me
If you want someone else?"

Mirabel feels sadness hearing this, personally she's always needed Camilo. When her ceremony failed he was the only one who could make her smile in those days.

"Oh, hush now cousin, that's not what we think
You just need a bit of time to get back on your feet," she assures taking his shoulder and he huffs in disbelief looking down at his feet.