I

It was the first day of classes at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

It was the first day of classes at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. In the Great Hall, all of the students had assembled for their first breakfast of the year. Hermione, one of my best friends along with Harry and Ron, were sitting at familiar mahogany table, served with food from different categories.

"We've only got four classes today," Hermione stated while crunching on her food. "It's sort of exciting isn't it?"

Harry reached for another toast while gawking at her through his glasses. He was much more curious than Ron was, who sat obliviously in his own world. "Well, what's first?"

"Transfiguration," Hermione replied happily with a smile. "I heard Professor McGonagall is going to teach us the art of changing the form and appearance of an object or a person."

I chuckled lightly and stuffed my mouth with scrambled eggs. "I'm excited for the Potion class, odd, I know. But I taught myself various types of spells lately."

"Slytherin sounds much more promising for you," Ron said teasingly, to which I nudged his rib softly and received a small laugh from him.

While Hermione rolled her eyes at him, Harry seemed to find it funny. "I hope Draco will keep his mouth shut this time."

"Draco?" I asked, gazing over my friends as they anchored their attention to me. They looked nervously when I mentioned his name. "The Malfoy boy?"

Hermione swallowed slowly and leaned in closer. "The Malfoy family, yes. Surely you have heard about them?"

"I have, yes," I replied with a shallow nod. "But I've never spoken to him before."

Harry shrugged deeply and continued eating, rather annoyed than before. "Good. He doesn't deserve to talk to you, anyway. Malfoy deserves to be boiled in frogspawn."

"He's a Malfoy," Hermione said sharply. "His father is cruel like himself. They only care for themselves."

"Well, I've only heard about them," I shrugged my shoulder. "I'd have to see how awful he truly is."

Ron let out a huff of barely repressed humour. "Are you telling me, you have never been harassed by Malfoy, eh?"

I watched him with a strange look, purposely observing his reaction. "Well, no. What's the matter with Malfoy anyway, other than you guys told me about him?"

Harry peeked over for a second, focusing on his breakfast once more. "Nothing to mull over. For the past five years, he's been harassing us. Luckily for you, you didn't have to witness it. He comes and goes whenever he wants to agitate me or Hermione. He's not worth a conversation, you'll see."

"Well, I feel like a shadow now." I turned to Hermione who shrugged her shoulders.

"Rather being a ghost than being acknowledged by him. Believe me, life is better without him. Your five years is worth every dime without Malfoy sticking around." She said truthfully.