VI

I walked around the corridors with Fred and George, hiding underneath the scarlet and gold Gryffindor scarf slung around my neck. They were occupied discussing the ball yesterday while I was stuck in my thoughts. The girls came back to the dormitory later at night, enough for me to hide the minor bruises planted on my neck. Luckily, I haven't seen the boys yet but neither have I seen the girls after storming out of the dorm early in the morning. The twins were the only one that was up pretty early to plan out their hidden schemes on Severus Snape. A couple of Ravenclaws and Slytherin was the only ones around the empty hallways.

Fred and George both stood beside me, and they peeked down at me with a puzzled grimace. In sync, they spoke fluently together. "Why are you wearing a scarf?"

My eyes drifted to them both, nervously smiling on my own behalf. "It's cold."

George snorted and pointed at my scarf, to which I quickly held it around. "Since when? We never saw you–"

"–Walk with a scarf on before," Fred finished his sentence with a crooked smile.

I chuckled lightly, remaining calm to leave out any suspicion. "Silly, I know. I'm just catching a cold, that's why."

They both nodded in sync and continued their conversation before we walked into the library. I thanked them for following me as I made my way to the bookshelves around the corner. It was practically empty, which had a lot of benefits for me to concentrate on my homework in silence.

I settled into a comfortable position on the wooden chair and set the current book beside my belongings. The first chapter was simply a presentation of the Goblin Revolutions of the nineteenth century, and slowly, but surely, my mind was occupied studying the branch.

"A scarf, how precious."

My head drifted up to see the familiar blonde-haired boy, leaning against the tall shelves with both arms crossed on his chest. He crept up a vile smirk while staring at me with those piercing eyes. "I'd recommend a bandage."

I blew a whoosh of air, skimming through the pages once again. "Good morning, Draco."

He stepped forward and took the chair standing beside me before seating himself. "I expected you to be a whiny little girl after yesterday."

"No," My eyes dared to look up at him, continuously staring at the chapter. "I'm not like that, but if you touch me again I will talk to Dumbledore."

Draco chuckled humourlessly as he sank into his seat, spreading his legs widely while keeping his arms wrapped. "I dare you, Melanie. You'd die with him."

My body stiffened and froze for a moment, gawking at him in shock. "What?"

He had a dark glint in his eyes, clenching his jaw as he stared me down. "How was the kiss? Did it come to your liking?"

"Stop," I suddenly held my breath, still circling around his threat. "What are you planning to do?"

Draco sat still for a second before replying with a deep tone. "How much does Harry mean to you, Melanie?"

"Malfoy," I came off sharp as I settled my book on the edge of the mahogany table. "What are you planning to do. Are you thinking about killing Dumbledore?"

He squinted his eyes in thin slits, suddenly creeping a crooked smile. "Now, why would I do that? I simply just said if you dare to do it, I'd kill you. But, your life is valuable to me because of Potter."

My stomach flipped. My first instinct was to be calm and collected which I failed miserably to be. "I'm scared of you, Draco. You have to leave me alone."