Chapter 16:

When Jungkook arrived at Taehyung's chambers the alpha was already there.He was on his desk reading petitions as usual.He seemed bored as fuck.

"You know you shouldn't be here.The disrespect is getting out of hand you know"he looked at the omega from his lashes.

"I'm sorry Taehyung."

"What do you want?"the alpha asked coldly

Jungkook's heart clenched painfully on seeing his husband look at him that way.Yes he deserved everything.Over the last months of their marriage they had made a relationship.Jungkook was hostile but the alpha always reached out to him.They spent time together with their son.Sometimes it was just the two of them.Taehyung taught everything Jungkook had been forbidden from learning by his father.Taehyung was the one who taught him everything he knew about archery,swordsmanship and horse back riding.Taehyung knew that Jungkook was the son of the man who had murdered his father but he never treated him badly.

Jungkook had thought Taehyung was the one who had his father's remains removed and acted on his anger and bitterness.Thus he was the one who ruined everything good between them.Did he even have the right to be crying right now

"Sunhee..please let her go.She did nothing.I have already confessed to my crime then why are you punishing her for my crimes"his voice cracked at the end.

"Just because I haven't given you a befitting punishment doesn't mean I'm easy.Am I a joke to you.What gives you the right to tell me what to do"the alpha's voice roared with anger.

"No Taehyung you are misunderstanding me.I didn't mean that at all.It's just that."

"That servant of yours is going to die and that would be the biggest lesson of your life.Her death will always be weighing on your conscience until the die you die"the alpha said viciously

"If anyone deserves to die then it should be me"Jungkook said

"I will not allow it."the king said firmly

"What do I have to do for you to let her go"

"Leave my presence"the alpha barked

"Taehyung,please"the omega begged desperately

"Next time you will think a million times before you pull another stunt like you did today.I won't be so forgiving.You of all people shouldn't have crossed me"

"Please let her go.I won't do it again.It was a mistake.I wasn't thinking straight"the omega cried desperately

"Whatever you do from now on just keep in mind that your mother and sister's lives are in the palm of my hand .I will have them killed right before your very eyes so don't ever get on my bad side"Taehyung said darkly

Jungkook's heart ached.If the people he lives to protect get killed then what would be the purpose of him living.No  there was Jeha.He had to think about him too.He wouldn't be able to choose between the three.

He swallowed harshly and walked out of the room .He was weak on his feet because he hadn't eaten today.All the events of the day had pushed him over to the edge.He hated himself for being his fathers's son .

Jungkook wasn't going to sleep with the heavy burden on his chest so he went to his mother to seek answers.He laid his head on her lap and cried his heart out.Her motherly heart couldn't turn him away.He was an innocent child who was blinded by his love for his father whom he really didn't know anything about.

"Jungkook your father never cared about anyone.You and your sister were only his source of wealth and power.That's why he wanted you to get married.He was never a good husband nor a good father.His obsession with the throne turned him into someone I couldn't recognize.He was power hungry"Mrs Jeon told her son.