Chapter 20

Two weeks after the poisoning incident Jungkook made a surprise appearance at the cabinet meeting.The guards at the throne room allowed him in without a word.His presence in the room turned heads.Everyone who wasn't Taehyung bowed to him in respect.

"Your highness I have come to make an appeal as a mother not as the queen of this kingdom"

"Let me hear it"

"As you all know my infant son and the crown prince almost lost his life after being poisoned by a concubine.To prevent the incident from happening again I would like to have all the concubine dismissed.With immediate effect.My soul would never be at peace until they leave."

The cabinet were the first to react.Some of them were fathers of the remaining concubines.They started talking between themselves.They feared what would become of their daughters if they were to get dismissed.

"Your highness this isn't a simple matter..."The prime minister spoke up but the king cut him off midway.

"Who asked for your opinion.If you were in my place wouldn't you go to any lengths to ensure your son's safety.My son's life is under threat from the concubines so I will have them dismissed like the queen asked and that's it.My word is law.There is nothing you can do to change it"

"But what will become of our daughters.They won't be allowed to marry"

"I don't remember asking for concubines did I?You pushed your daughters onto me.Honestly I have no use for them"Taehyung said harshly

"Your majesty I would like to make a request as well"Jungkook said

"Please go ahead"

"If it's possible I would like it if you were to allow them to settle down if they wish to"

The cabinet gasped.They have never heard such a thing.Was Taehyung going to change tradition because Jungkook had asked him to.

"Your queen has a heart of gold.Don't you think.He wishes well for your daughters.Instead of becoming sex workers they would be allowed to get married"

"Your highness I implore you to grand me this one request of mine"Jungkook bowed

"Your wish is my command  my queen.Nothing more would give me joy than seeing you happy"

"Your grace is immeasurable your highness"the father's of  the concubines said in chorus while bowing

After lunch Jungkook went and sat on the pavilion while doing some drawing.He really felt at peace .It was as if everything that happened the last few days was a nightmare.

He spotted Jisoo and Mina.They were playing with Jeha from a distance.Jungkook felt his heart flutter just knowing that his son was surrounded by people who loved and care for him.Everyone he knew in the palace dotted on him.Jungkook became assured that his son would always be in safe hands even if he wouldn't be there one day.

While deep in thoughts the aunts brought Jeha to his mother.It was good to see his son healthy again.He couldn't believe that he had almost lost him.

"It doesn't seem like he misses me.Whenever I try to hold him he always wants to get away from me"Jungkook said with a pout.

"He is at that age where he wants to explore things around.You can't tie him down"Mina said

"He is growing too fast"

"I agree"

"I heard about the appeal."Jisoo started

Jungkook stiffened.He thought his sister in law was going to critisize him or something since they weren't on good terms.