Chapter 12

The day Taehyung dreaded after his marriage had arrived.He was going to hold the first cabinet meeting after getting married to Jungkook.He couldn't say he didn't know what to expect hence he braced himself for the critism.He couldn't forget the shocked faces of the court officials when Jungkook lifted his veil at the wedding.

When he got to the main hall everyone was already present.Just looking at their faces he regretted not taking a pint of alcohol with his breakfast.No one could drive him crazy than most of the men in this room.

"Shall we get started"

"Forgive me for saying this your highness"

Here we go again.Taehyung wondered what he did to deserve this kind of life.

"Please go ahead.Since you have already opened your mouth there is no stopping you ,prime minister"

"Your highness I do not mean to undermine you but we are worried about your wellbeing.You married a traitor's son and we fear that he might try to harm you to get revenge for his father"

"Do you think I'm so narrow minded.I have thought about that as well.If anyone tries to harm me...By anyone I mean the queen and the likes of you included.I will not spare anyone.A painful yet slow death is inevitable."

The officials exchanged glances and cleared their throats.Those who were up to no good were seen by swallowing dryly.

"Does anyone have anything else to say?"

"Your highness if you were aware that the late prime minister 's son would try to harm you then why did you marry him"

"It's for the same reason I'm tolerating everyone of you.I don't have a choice"

"Is it true that you have an offspring with him.That's why you were compelled to marry him?"

"Your sources are very correct.What would be better than marrying the mother of my child.If you were me wouldn't you have made the same sacrifices"

"But we heard the young prince was conceived and born in a brothel.Is that the truth or slander your highness"

"Then where did you think the child came from.I really despise it when you ask me things you already have answers to"

"Your highness we didn't mean to upset you"

"Really.You are also wondering how I managed to impregnate the son of a traitor.Well I don't have an answer for you but there is one thing you should keep in mind.Jeon Jungkook is your queen and the mother of the crown prince so he deserves respect.Anyone who looks down on him shall be put to death instantly."

"Your highness we apologize"

"You should know me by now.I don't give empty threats."

No one uttered a word.

"Can you tell me honestly.Who amongst you hasn't visited the brothel.I know most of you frequent Moonlight house despite having spouses at home .How come it surprised you that I went there.Unlike you at that time I wasn't married so I didn't comit a sin.Don't judge me like you all are saints.As far as I know,no one is perfect"

"Mind you ,my personal business shouldn't be your concern.Thats not why we gather in this hall.Would you like it if I come and discuss your personal business in this court.I know you are concerned about me but I don't need it.I'm an adult and I will live with the consequences of my action"

"You guys don't own me so don't you dare tell me what to do when it comes to my personal life.Don't cross the line.We aren't friends"

Taehyung's words had chilled everyone's bones.No one had anything to say.They wouldn't dare upset him more than he already was.