001

He was here

He was here.

The most feared dark lord for years and years. Even Grindelwald paled in comparison to the shear evil of the monster known as voldemort.

James Potter was terrified. He knew he was going to die, however he would fight to the bitter end to unsure his wife and children's protection.

Once he reached the door, it blew apart, blasting him back. As he quickly jumped up to his feet, the male was hit with a stunner and the only thing he'd seen before knowing no more were glowing red eyes.

Voldemort was in his element. He knew he had to move quickly before Dumbledore and his pesky order of pigeons got here. Which was actually one of the reasons he'd only sent a stupefy at Potter, and the other being that he was a powerful Auror and a pureblood.

Voldemort wasn't one to waste.

Without a second glance at the unconscious man, voldemort rushed up the stairs. As he approached, he heard the unmistakable sound of crying. One bombarda charm later and the door was blown apart. The dark lord walked in to see the Mudblood filth crying and begging on the floor.

Any other time, she would be taking the killing curse, but voldemort was running out of time, and he'd promised Severus, his most trusted servant, that he would spare her.

Stupefy did its job again as the woman got swiftly knocked out. The excess energy from the explosion flew through the air and caused rubbles and debris to hit Harry, giving him a wound on his neck that in no way marked him as voldemort' equal. Said man then turned toward the two Potter offsprings.

"Well then, now that they've been taken care off, let's talk business." He lightly joked, twirling his wand between his fingers expertly. In response the fifteen months boy started screaming and crying. Voldemort spared him an uninterested glance before turning his attention toward the girl.

"Let's start with the youngest over here." He muttered, pointing his wand at Aria. The sickly green spell shot through the air and hit the small child right above her left eye. It seemed the curse was doing its job, until it suddenly rebounded.

Time seemed to slow down as the curse raced towards the dark lord.

It hit and after a blinding flash of light, he who must not be named was gone.

A dark mist was all that was left. It studied the two children before floating through the roof. Ten minutes later, Dumbledore and James rushed into the room. "Lily!" The man shouted upon seeing her body on the ground. He rushed over and exhaled in relief to see that she was just unconscious.

"Enervate." Dumbledore murmured, reviving her.

"Harry! Aria!" Lily breathed, bloating upright.