021

As the morning light filtered through the curtains, Aria gradually blinked her eyes open, her gaze meeting the soft illumination that bathed the hospital wing

Confusion and pain washed over her as she registered the ache in her side, and her hand instinctively moved to touch the bandage wrapped around her head. The throbbing sensation served as a painful reminder of the recent events that led her to this moment.

The sound of hushed voices reached Aria's ears, causing her to turn her attention towards the source. She recognized the voices immediately, belonging to James Potter and Albus Dumbledore, as well as two unfamiliar ones.

Their discussion stirred a mix of curiosity and unease within her, heightening her desire to understand her current situation. What the hell was going on?

Before she could fully process the situation, her curtains were abruptly drawn open, revealing not James, but a woman with fiery red hair. Aria's eyes widened in surprise as she took in the woman's striking green eyes.

"Aria? Oh my baby!" The woman cried, reaching to throw her arms around the girl.

Aria instinctively recoiled, her body tensing at the unexpected display of familiarity. Confusion danced across her features as she struggled to comprehend the woman's words.

"It's me, Aria. Your mum." The woman whispered lovingly, her expression seemingly forcing itself to look sad.

Who was this person, and why did she refer to herself as Aria's mother?

A man stepped forward from behind the woman, his scarred face bearing a gentle expression. "She's not lying Aria. I'm Remus Lupin, Harry's godfather and your uncle."

"Moony." Aria whispered, recognizing the man from Sirius' stories. The werewolf.

"You- you know me?" The man's amber eyes widened slightly, surprised by Aria's use of his secret nickname.

"I've heard things." She dismissed nonchalantly , looking away from the man. Apparently he had protested about her being abandoned, but as a werewolf, hadn't been allowed to leave magical Britain with Sirius.

"You've grown so so much." The woman suddenly started again, reaching to touch Aria's cheek.

"Can you not put your hands on me? You're a complete stranger and you're making me uncomfortable." Aria spoke monotonously, tilting her head to the side to avoid that woman's touch.

Lily seemed to deflate, her sad expression slowly turning into a spiteful one.

"She's more of a brat than I thought she would be." She suddenly spat, turning to look at James who had advanced toward them.

"Lily." James warned, putting his hands on his wife's shoulders. "We're here to convince Aria to come and recover with us at the Potter manor early, until the end of winter break, not to scare her off." He reminded, smiling softly at the eleven year old.