005

"James! Say something!" The Potter matriarch cried out, gesturing toward the boy ripping the pages of his story book

"Harry. Stop this instant." James distractingly commanded, though he didn't move from his place on the couch.

"No! I don't wanna read. There are no pictures!" The green eyed boy pouted, continuing to rip away the pages, only stopping once his mother snatched the book away.

"This can't continue like this, Harry, you need to be prepared."  Lily tried again, crouching down so that she was on eye level wither her son. "Darling, you're so special, you're the savior. Everyone loves you, but you have to study to be a good boy."

"I wanna play hide and seek with uncle Moony." The boy whined, aggressively swinging his feet so that he was hitting the chair. Sighing, Lily stood up to her full height and walked back to the living room, where James was reading the prophet. Harry took it as a chance to run away.

"Can't you talk to him or something?! I'm sick of being the only one trying here." The redhead snapped, grabbing the news paper that was in her husband's hand and throwing it on the table.

"It's not my fault if you turned him into a spoilt little brat, Lily." James replied exasperatedly, crossing his arms.

Lily's eyes widened, and a gasp was quick to escape her lips. "How could you say that about Harry? How can you say such a thing about your only son?!"

"My only son? My only son Lily? I'm pretty fucking sure I've got a daughter as well." James reminded, his jaw tightening. God he missed the beautiful little girl who's eyes were the same shade as his own.

"We already talked about this James. Why can't you get over it? You'll be seeing her in four years, besides Harry's the one we need to focus on the most at the moment. Don't forget that voldemort will comeback, and he will be after our son."

Sighing, James nodded while rubbing his eyes.

Four years.

He could wait that much couldn't he? He's already waited six anyway.

Mjolnir was sitting innocently in front of the sink in the penthouse's kitchen. Steve had been going to wash his hands before making breakfast when his foot caught on the hammer and he fell harshly to the floor.

"Thor," The blond muttered, shaking his head. He attempted to nudge the hammer out of the way before remembering just what he was dealing with and stood next to it while he washed his hands.

Just as he was drying his hands off, Aria came running in, her hands covered in a glittery pink sludge that Steve was almost certain had once been regular Play-Doh.

"Hi, uncle Steve" Aria greeted.

Steve smiled and made to lift the girl up so she could reach the sink when Aria stepped on top of Mjolnir. Shocked at seeing the mighty and revered weapon being used as a foot stool Steve didn't say anything while Aria cleaned her hands then ran out of the kitchen, laughing happily.