004

—Six years later▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

—Six years later
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"At last," an incredibly short figure wearing a white lab coat hissed victoriously as she stood hunched over her latest creation, "with this device, all the world shall be mine to command!" Throwing her head back, the girl let loose a loud, maniacal laugh, her black goggles hiding the deranged light gleaming in her eyes.

"A truly terrifying notion, that," a smooth , unimpressed male voice dryly commented through the speakers.

"Hey, there's no need to be rude, Jarvis," the pouting seven year old responded, moving her goggles to rest in her wild, messy brown hair, exposing bright blue eyes lined with exhaustion.

"Well, your mad-scientist laugh does seem to be coming along well, at least," her synthetic companion complimented.

"Good enough to scare Pepper, you think?" She asked with a grin, the dark circles around her eyes not detracting from their mirth.

"Combined with the plans for your 'Doomsday Devices' you keep 'accidentally' letting her find across the house, yes, I think it might just do the trick, cruel though it may be."

"Hey, I gotta keep her on her toes around here somehow," Aria defended with a laugh as she assembled the various components of her latest project. "Alright," she said to the room as she stepped away from the table, "test number fourteen about to commence."

"Oh boy."

Rolling up the sleeves of her lab coat revealed two thin, bracer-type devices shackled around her forearms. Aria smiled maniacally but was interrupted from further testing by the voice of dear old Jarvis.

"Miss, if I might remind you, after your last incident, Mr. Stark has requested that you do not test new technology without his or Bruce's presence, or failing that, without a bomb-disposal unit and a fire-fighting team on standby," Jarvis annoyingly pointed out.

Aria groaned as her gauntlet clicked into place over the bracer. "Oh, come on, that explosion was barely worth mentioning. And that car was hideous anyway, so really, that was me doing Tony a favor."

"Regardless, I am going to have to insist that this test be put on hold until Mr. Stark returns from his opening of the Stark Expo," Jarvis informed him. "Or I will be forced to send a message to Mr. Stark informing him of these events."

"You know, that's pretty tough talk for someone whose databases are just begging to be flooded with another few dozen terabytes of 18+ content," Aria pointed out as she flexed her gauntlet to test its range of motion.

Jarvis went very quiet for a moment. "... you wouldn't ... would you?" he asked nervously.

"Oh, I think we both know the answer to that," the girl answered with a smirk.