014

"While we may seem unfriendly and closed off, know that in the House of Slytherin, we are family and we take care of each other

"While we may seem unfriendly and closed off, know that in the House of Slytherin, we are family and we take care of each other."

"This house has faced more prejudice and disrespect than any other. We are mocked and put down as being the 'evilness of mankind' but that is not what the House of Slytherin stands for. While we are made up of neutral and dark-leaning wizards and witches, this does not make us evil," their prefect added, after he led the first years to the Slytherin common room.

"We are cunning and ambitious people who have proven throughout the ages to produce a variety of successful people, from Salazar Slytherin to Merlin himself. However, in the more recent years, it has seemed that the rest of the Wizarding World has forgotten this and as I said, we have been placed in the stereotype of being evil. The reason why we all hold ourselves to a cold demeanor is because it is our way of protecting ourselves from these prejudices. In this House, you will all find a way to succeed, as that is why you were placed here. However, do not forget that you do not need to accomplish everything on your own. Your housemates will always be there to support you. We do not have many people that we can rely on outside of these walls, but we all have each other. The House of Slytherin proudly welcomes you as the next generation of successful snakes," Marcus Flinch finished.

"The Head of the Slytherin House, Professor Snape will be here shortly to talk to you all," the teen said as he and the other prefect began walking towards an older group of students sitting on some couches.

The Common Room entrance swung open and a man with a permanent scowl etched on his face and robes flowing behind him, giving him a bat-like appearance, entered the room. While his appearance was one that should have made him look unkempt - sallow skin, black-beady eyes, and greasy black hair - his stature screamed authority and power. He reminded Aria of Uncle Nick Fury.

"As of tonight, you are all Slytherins," Snape started, looking at each and every one of the first years. "This is the House known for its pride, ambition, and power. This is the House that people fear and envy, as they do not have the potential you all have to become something great. As I am sure the Prefects have told you, Slytherin is a House that survives on unity and strength. This is something that has been emphasized since Salazar Slytherin founded this House and I expect each and every one of you to stick together."

Aria could only look on in awe at the man, hanging onto every word he spoke. His presence demanded full attentiveness and respect. Aria could tell her other classmates felt the same way, as even Blaise, who had made a joke during Dumbledore's speech, was silent.

"Tomorrow morning in the Great Hall I will be passing out your schedules, so make sure to be prompt for breakfast," Snape concluded as he swiftly turned away and exited the Common Room.

Once in the dorms, Aria had chosen a bed towards the middle of the room, with Pansy on her left and Millicent on her right. As soon as she had unpacked her belongings, she went to the bathroom and took a shower.