0.3

Plantation, Mid Morning

THERE'S a thin difference between dreams and reality. In her dreams she was whole, her brothers still lived amongst them, and her family had never fallen apart in such the way it had.

But in reality, she loathed those that shared her blood. She bit her tongue and choked down the many vile words she had to say. Instead she watched them in silence, wishing their deaths instead of her brother.

Sat in the foyer of the Plantation, The Original Heretic was spread across the couch with her feet crossed at the ankles and her fingers thumbed through another grimoire. One with more missing pages.

Her younger siblings stood a few feet away, arguing amongst themselves.

"Oh, I am so moved by your new-found sense of fatherly duties towards the werewolf carrying your hybrid bun in her oven. Thank the heavens for our sister who must have knocked some bloody sense into you grotesque mind!" Rebekah chastised the Hybrid, sending a look over to her sister in expectation to speak though was left with nothing.

Mazeki was too distracted with herself. That was of course until her head immediately shot up upon Hayley entering the foyer. It was as if she was a dog to her owner, immediately on alert upon her entrance. Even going so far to sit up.

Hayley sent a look to the eldest Blonde in the room, Her heart unknowingly picking up a pace at the sight of her. How effortlessly she looked impeccable even in the morning. "The werewolf would like to know what the plan is."

"Do you want the good news or the bad news? Because the bad news is Niklaus came up with one, the Good news however is that I'm here to fix whatever mess comes from his plan." Mazeki remarked, Earning a quick slip up smile from the werewolf before she immediately hid it after realizing who she was smiling for.

"Oh, Sod off." Klaus glared at her, Earning a mocking smile from the immortal woman who dramatically reopened her grimoire. "Well, that depends what plan you mean, love-- my plan for global domination, perhaps our eldest's undisclosed plans for while she's here, or Rebekah's plan to find love in a cruel, cruel world?" Rebekah immediately grew angry, taking a pencil from the desk beside her and threw it in Klaus' direction.

Only of course being himself, Klaus caught it easily before it could embed itself in his face.

Sighing to herself, Hayley had to question what she had to have done to someone to earn this as her life now. "The plan to rescue Elijah. You know, the good brother? The one who is now in the possession of your mortal enemy after you stabbed him in the back?"

"I hardly would say Elijah is good, a gentleman sure but he's hardly good." The heretic immediately informed, looking up above her grimoire to meet the eyes of the brunette woman.

"In the front, if we're being specific."

"And Elijah always warned us to be specific." She confirmed, recalling the many times Elijah had played with his words just for Niklaus.

"You two said that you would get him back. So is there a plan, or what?" Hayley wondered, looking between Rebekah and Klaus as she tried to distract all her senses that were seemingly heightening the longer she was in Mazeki's presence.

"Okay. Well, firstly, Marcel is not my mortal enemy-- he's my friend. Albeit one who is unaware that I'm trying to sabotage his hold over the supernatural community of the French Quarter, but a friend nonetheless." The hybrid explained as he sat down behind the desk, and propped his feet up on top. "And secondly, I daggered Elijah in order to gain Marcel's trust. If I had known he would place my brother in the hands of a particularly nasty teenage witch, I certainly would have weighed my options a bit differently. And thirdly," He turned to Rebekah and gestured for her to speak. "Sister, please."