0.9

994 A.D, Mystic Falls

WITHIN everyone is the same purpose, engineered to follow the commands of those you deem more important. Engineered to comprehend Good and Bad.

However sometimes morales were not enough, to cover up for fear. To excuse embarrassment.

It why on a summer afternoon, just days after the flowers fully bloomed and birds seemed to come out of hiding. You would find a soon to be adult Elijah Mikaelson, wielding bow he'd had no permission to use.

He could have asked, could've attempted to explain why he wanted to borrow one of his father's bows. However the embarrassment of exposing that he failed in the art of a task meant for men, turned his knees weak.

He could see it every time his father saw, it did not matter if it was simply not a hard enough pull or if the arrow landed somewhere else then it's target. Mikael held the same look, one of hatred and disappointment.

And even worse, one where he'd never say a word. Simply the look told enough.

So Elijah had snuck off unseen.

Or at least he had thought it was unseen.

"You are not very good, are you brother?" A soft honey laced voice dotted from behind, her tranquil sound causing Elijah to snap around and fire the bow.

Of course much like his other shots, it was nowhere close to its target.

His little sister, Mazeki.

The light of his life, his other half, as his mother often referred to her as when they spoke. She was a grace, one that watched Elijah's every move and knew his every thought. Why had he thought she wouldn't catch his absence in seconds?

Sighing, the boy dropped his arms and let the bow hang at his side. He cowardly lifted his head to meet his little sisters triumphed smile, as she had her hand lifted. A red tinge wrapped itself around Elijah's arrow, stopping it from landing on any target.

"Mother has told you countless times, you are not to practice magic. Where is your bracelet?" The sixteen year old wondered, walking towards her in concern as she flicked her wrist causing the arrow to snap in to her palm. "You could hurt someone."

"Just as you could hurt someone with your horrendous archery skills?" She mused with a mischievous smile, pointing at him with the crude tip of the arrow. He frowned at her, making her switch into a more softer smile, one of pity. "It is fine brother, what mother doesn't know could never hurt her. Just as what father doesn't know, won't hurt you."

"You have chores to tend to, You should be getting-" He began attempting to persuade, though realized he failed as she walked past him and took his bow in to process. The boy sighed. "It is not a toy, Sister. It is a weapon."

Narrowing her eyes in on the target, Mazeki began adjusting her stance to appear squared and levelled. "I'm aware of that 'lijah. That woman and her husband that stopped in the village last month- their son taught me." She admitted to her brother in a proud tone, slinging the arrow into it spot inside the bow before lifting her arms.

She was concentrated, undistracted and not nervous as Elijah found himself always standing. He was not confident in his shot or his stance, however his sister was. His sister, who only had one more winter to survive before considered a woman.