2.7

Mikaelson Compound, Morning

BETWEEN Good and Bad, Mazeki had always believed she fell in a solo column. One of survival, where your actions never took a stand as they could always be considered survival of the fittest.

Though as years passed and kingdoms started and fell in front of her eyes, The Blonde Heretic came to discover that she felt nothing. Humanity meant little to her, people meant little. No one and nothing outside of her small gold platted bubble mattered really.

There was enough moments to count on one hand the Mazeki had felt true humanity. It was fleeting of course, they had only ever lasted within the spans of a blink. However she remembered them each so vividly that she recount them in a way that you feel as though you experienced it yourself.

That was of course if she ever broke the seal that prevented herself from even uttering them, the fear of her father still lingered to far in her veins. Every bit of happiness could be ripped away from her, even the memories.

They could be taken at will, and she wasn't strong enough to live without them.

Mazeki sat in a dark corner of the plantation, one not visited often by any it inhabited as it often brought on the thoughts of the devil in her younger brother words. However she had always found it as her solitude, her freedom from her family and her acting.

She sit silently, passing through books and art as the world passed by just outside the window next to her. Sometimes she'd watch, watch lovers hold each other, watch friends become foe.

A drink was clasped loosely over the arm of the chair, her lips pursed as she stared outside into an oblivion of racing thoughts, and rationalizations. The rooms silence was quaint, as though it held her safety away from the loud corrupting world.

That was of course until Davina came to greet her in the new morning hours, after having never seen the woman return to her own room.

Davina classified herself as rather insightful, she understood people and the world at a more level headed manner then most her age. Of course that was all for interpretation, you see the world in the way it presents itself to you. However Davina believed in some manner she got Mazeki.

Despite being at two very different parts of living and surviving, The New Orleans witch understood that sometimes despite being the strongest, it didn't always mean you understood it all.

"I didn't think you were a day drinker," the young woman observed, taking slow and skillful steps in the distant Blondes direction. Though Davina continued when there was a limited response. "Great, so not only are you a day drinker, you're a boring one?"

Mazeki made a noise of annoyance at the boring comment, lifting the said drink to her lips.

"Come on!" Davina whined, walking up to her as she extended her arms out in a childish manner. "First you drag me to live here with your family, now your ignoring me. How's that fair?"

Smacking her lips together, Mazeki dried her lips of the lingering taste of bourbon. "You're free to return to the apartment at you own volition."

Frowning the teenager walked to Mazeki's side, balancing her weight in her hands as she rested against the arm of the chair. "Maze... you can talk to me you know? If you want to."

"There's nothing left to talk about." She answered in a droned on tone, as though the words themselves felt useless now. Lifting the glass one final time, she polished off the glass. "Only time for action, excuse me."

Setting down her glass on the short table beside her plush seat, the Blonde Woman stood with hesitance. Peering over at the teenager she smiled softly before making her exit.