2.6

Mikaelson Compound, Night

HEAVY were the blade of Excalibur, for it never found it's hand until the queen came along.

Mazeki yawned, her eyes shut as she walked along the halls of the Compound in a dreary state. Her brother was sentenced to a fitting pain, and she? well she was finally ready to sleep away the pain.

The was of course until a both excited and terrified teenage witch came busting out of Mazeki's bedroom door.

Davina placed her hands up as she collided with her mentor, both stumbling back as they peered to meet each other gaze. Grinning wildly, Davina was ecstatic. "Maze, your home! Come, come! I got something to show you!" Grabbing a hold of the blondes wrist she quickly dragged her inside the room.

The tired eyed woman stumbled after the teen, trying to keep up as the came to a fast halt half way into the room. "What is it?"

"That!" The teen gestures, looking up at the woman in excitement.

Mazeki however blinked slowly as she opened her eyes to look at what was in front of them. The blonde forgot how to breath as she saw it, standing there.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Mazeki's Room, Night

HISTORY has never proven to repeat, somehow it always fell different the second time it came around. However it always had an awful habit of rhyming, like an annoying child's song that never stopped playing.

The excitement of Davina's words died on hollow ears, the small excited jumps the teenager made as she browsed the many flowers decorating Mazeki's room went unnoticed. Of course the teenager was blind to this by her interest, far too distracted with so many delicate colourful petals.

Mazeki stood still amongst it all, vacant from the world as her eyes reflected a terrified child she once were. A grief stricken child that had never gotten out, one that had hid away from view as her maturity took over.

Everything was built on it, everything had been built on the fact that her inner child was gone. Who was she if she came back? Nothing. Not a warrior, not a sorceress, not a genius, she was nothing.

The beautiful envy coloured eyes were so distant, stuck on a piece of rolled paper so gently tucked between two roses. A wax seal tied to the end of its body, with a familiar crest pressed into it.

Mazeki took slow, almost robotic steps towards the bed. As though she were running on only the last few drops in her tank as she gently reached out and creased the note with her fingers.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Mikaelson Compound, Night

DECEPTION is the most highest form of Flattery. Knowing that someone cares so deeply to have mislead you from knowing the definitive truth, we'll it could make a girl blush.

At least that what Mazeki was sure went through her head and everyone else's when they planned to lie, a small sentiment to try and relieve the guilt. However the guilt would never disappear, not when lies covered it in whole.