3.0

The French Quarter/ Mystic Falls, Morning

NIGHTMARES were always the ones that seemed to become reality. In the face of danger you'd never witness your enemy pull out a rose and ask you to dinner, no, it would always get worse. The world didn't finally make sense after childhood, you didn't finally understand pain.

Your just finally forced to handle it on your own.

"Once upon a time, I heard my father speak to my elder brothers of just what it took to make a warrior."

Elena Gilbert yawned tiredly to herself, rubbing her eyes as she aimlessly reached out to the side Table on her left. Wrapping her fingers around the cord of her phone, she tugged on it, forcing it to fall onto the mattress with her.

Turning her head, she lazily opened the screen while squeezing her eyes as a cure to the brightness. Ignoring all the messages from her friends, the brunette immediately went to a certain blonde Mikaelson's contact.

Like she did every morning.

And just like every morning, all messages remained seen yet un responded. Everyday forced the time stamp to move back, reminding her that she was being ignored.

"It took courage, and resilience, but above all it took a strength. One that he believed none of them had. It was a strength of the mind, not just the body."

Hayley Marshall sat on one of the logs set up in her packs camp, talking with Eve as they both spoke of preparations for the next full moon. The day she was supposed to have everything she ever wanted. Her family.

However something looked over the back of her mind, plaguing the joyful moments that should have been spent with excitement with loneliness. Reaching down, she rested her hand on her extended stomach, nervous at the new feeling.

Hayley couldn't help but recall her dreams from the previous nights, all the same. She played perfect little family every time, Mazeki was her wife, and they had a sweet little girl. They had family dinners, and watched tv like normal families.

And once their daughter went to bed, they'd share a glass of wine and dance to some romantic Latin song in the living room. The Heretic would whisper beautiful words in Hayley's ear, and she'd look at her with so much love.

It's what made it hurt so bad when she woke up, knowing so well it wasn't real. It couldn't. Because in her dreams, Mazeki was a werewolf, and their was no other Mikaelson's there to bother them, they were safe.

"You had to know when to hold your tears, when to hold in your screams despite the pain you were suffering. Being a warrior was being barbaric but knowing when to smile dauntingly at your opponent."

Mazeki Mikaelson laid beneath the water unable to breathe, her fingers grasped onto the white linoleum of her bathtub as she tried to not let herself float away. The memory of her fingers plunging into someone chest, their heart being her dessert.

The blood dripping past her lips, the taste of them on her lips, their screams dying in her ears. The beast inside her, the monster that she had spoke of, it had pushed through. Taking three innocent souls the night she found out Klaus' betrayal.

She feared for the day Hayley would witness her in that element, the day Her little minx would see what hid behind it all. She had to stay away. And yet she also knew, she'd never be able to escape Hayley.

"I'd always known better then my family, I knew since the day I was coherent to understand who my brothers were, that none were warriors at heart. To much occupied their minds, their brains could never become silent enough to fight without doubt."