2.4

Mystic Falls, Night

SCREAMS Of agony washed over the open field, leaving a thick air to gravitate over as the world tried to fight its way against it. The beautiful tulips that had grown at the edges now wilted, the grass turned into a dried brown and the moon felt like it's light only shining on them.

The young blondes eyes remained shut as her lips tried to suppress anymore sobs from escaping her small fragile body. Her hands were gently placed around her brothers head, holding him in her lap as her tears fell from her cheeks on to his.

She was so fragile, as though even the gentlest of breezes could tear down everything that was there. She wasn't ready, wasn't ready to leave him yet. She never would be.

"My sweet child, please. We must go, before we all end up like him." Ayana tried, sat just on the edge of the circle drawn in the grass. The friendly woman's eyes drifted to the grieving parents who sat on the other side of the circle.

Esther was curled in to Mikael's arms, her sobs having become stilled as all she had the power to do was wet his chest with her tears. However the leader of the Mikaelson family's eyes were dark, staring through his daughter as though she wasn't even there to begin with.

The blonde shook her head, her hands tightening on his still grey body. It didn't matter that her legs were asleep from his weight, or that her arms burned from holding him up so long. "So go," she looked over at the woman, her hair covering almost all of her face but her eyes. "I'll never leave him. No cries, no screams, nothing will deter me."

"Mikael-" the withered woman tried, looking to the still Viking.

"Leave her, she is no daughter of mine." He husked out, his grip tightening on his wife as he glared at the vile girl he once tried to think of as his child.

Leaning down, Mazeki pressed a gingerly kiss to her brothers head. "You're not done yet brother, we aren't done. There's so much left, so much for us to see. We can't be done. Not yet." She whispered against his cold skin, her eyes shutting as she once again prayed for this all the be horrendous dream.

Ayana was the first to notice it, the colour that was in his finger tips. The previously fully grey body had begun to gain colour. Not much, barely even noticeable- but it was there. It was in his finger tips.

And then, a gentle gasp erupted the dark silence.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

The Woods, Night Time

DARKNESS Came at her from every angle as she tried to sleuth between trees, the moon doing her no gain as the brush of the trees acted as a barrier between its barely illuminating light.

Wearing a scorned look, the blonde looked to her left as she attempted to gauge which way the sound was coming from. Though it was useless, as though every sound had been moved to surround her rather then direct her.

Lolling her head back, she reached out to drag her finger tips against the coarse bark of old trees that seemed to be her only company at the moment. The sounds of her shoes left for little silence, between the echoing sound, the birds somewhere above, and her shoes, she supposed she wasn't completely alone.

Not that it mattered, it wasn't like she feared the dark.

The jagged crunches that copied her own slowly met her ears, making her loop up sharply. It was off a beat. It surely could be an echo of her very own mind could it?