#2

[ Dr. Kent told me that I had a guess. I can only assume it's someone who has invested interest in me. The list is likely short, but definitely more than one. We head down to the 1st floor together via one of the flavors. ]

With a 'ding!', the elevator comes to a stop at the selected floor. The iron doors peel open to allow both Dr.Kent and the artificial young man clad in decorative black to step out onto the floor, as well as the field of vision of their guest–

"Mr. Luthor. In the flesh, I presume?" Dr. Kent greets them as they meet the opposite party at the center of the large lobby room. Raising a brow from behind her glasses to go along with her semi jest.

"Heh. Oh, I certainly am, Ms. Kent. I just had to see your handiwork with my own eyes…" Lex responds with a grin plastered across his lips. Then, his eyes shift over to the subject of interest. The solemn visage of his commissioned kryptonian. He steps closer, coming to stand just a meter away from the clone as he studies it with critical eyes.

"You'll be glad to know that he was a tremendous success, Mr. Luthor. I had him undergo some tests. Subject 13 is functional, genetically stable, and possesses just about all of Superman's powers. Or so I assume. For the time being, only flight, super strength, heat vision, telescope vision, and x-ray vision are confirmed. I imagine he'll learn to utilize more abilities with time." Dr. Kent explains, gesturing toward the clone while also placing a hand upon his shoulder.

"I see!" Lex enthusiastically muses, briefly looking her way as he does. His focus settles onto the clone again right after.

"So tell me, my dear boy, do you have any idea who I am?"

"Lex Luthor, the head of Lex Corp. and the prime benefactor of my creation. Also the most renowned name in Metropolis City." The clone answers with no emotion behind his tone. Gray and smooth.

"Adequately informed. Adequately informed, indeed. Excellent work, Dr. Kent. Now, I won't beat around the bush here. I have a… inconvenience that needs to be confronted. Nipped right in the bud, in fact. I've received word that there may be a raid of some sort on a S.T.A.R. Labs facility that I have an involvement in. I have other other means of handling it, but since our Superman here is up and active, I want to test his capabilities on the field. I need him to guard the researchers and their device. Make sure it doesn't fall into unfavorable hands, and I need that done today. Are you up for it… Superman?" Lex was quick to cut to the chase with a bit of a tall order for a technical newborn.

"I am. I'm ready to prove myself." The clone responds, determination gleaming in his eyes and radiating from his clenching fists. Beside, Dr. Kent adjusts her glasses with somewhat of a concerned expression on her face.

"Technically, he's ready to learn and adapt, but we've barely scratched the surface of simulations to teach him." She forewarns.

"Oh, I'm sure it'll be fine. You heard him. The young man says he's ready, and I'd like to see if he's worth every last dollar I poured into him. We leave immediately. To keep your presence under wraps, I'll have a means of transportation ready for you that'll take you there through an underground entrance." Lex explains.

"Wait. Do you… mind if I accompany him?" Dr. Kent prods rather sheepishly.

"With all due respect, Dr. Kent–" Lex begins, but she's quick to cut in with an argument for her suggestion.

"I only wish to make sure he's able to perform and obtain a desirable result that doesn't possibly involve leveling a city block, let alone a building. You could call it moral support, honestly. I know better than to get in his way." She explains.