#16 (Reign of Supermen Part 3)

The sound of a bell ringing goes off as another patron enters Bibbo's Diner - a well kempt establishment that sits between humbleness and posh in design. However, the owner, was no pretentious individual. He was simply a successful businessman with charm and a strong sense of community for the innocent residents of Metropolis city, rich or lower class. It's because of the diner's reputation, a couple made plans to meet here just a couple of days ago. The other half of the lovebirds in question, the strapping young man in a leather jacket and a bold red 'S' on his chest, had finally entered. When he spots his other half, he puts some pep in his steps and hustles on over toward her with a big grin spread across his handsome face.

"Hey, sorry I'm late! I didn't keep you waiting long, did I?" He asks whilst pulling out the opposite chair across from her and settling himself down onto it before scooting closer to the table.

"Con-- Ahem. Superboy..." She sweetly address him with a grin curving her own lush and fairly glossy lips, leaning forward while her chin rests atop of the back of her right hand.
"It's still early. I'd say you made more than just excellent time. Thought for sure you'd be a little late, with your recent push into tv media and whatnot."

"Well, I prioritize you more over that endeavor. I'm Superman every day of the week, but I don't get to see you that often. I rather be staring at you than the prodding lenses of someone's camera again." He responds warmly and as truthful as he could. It earns him a giggle from the young woman across from, whose smile grows even larger afterwards.

"Still quite the sweet talker, eh? I bet you tell all the women you meet like that, don't you?" She teases with a slightly tilt of her head. However, the kryptonian doesn't seem to catch onto her humor.

"...No, I don't. I haven't felt this way about anyone else -- no other woman. Sometimes I miss you so much, that I think about calling you. I think about your face and your smiles. Every time I do, it makes me even more anxious to see you again, but I'm always worried that I'm being a bother and distracting you from work again.." The clone admits. In reaction, a bit of sympathy bleeds onto the woman's face.

"Hey, I was just teasing, C.L. I mean... I wasn't too sure how serious you were being when you opened up to me about your feelings. It's just surreal, you know? A guy who can fly over any country he wants in seconds and lift mountains being interested in me? I guess even now I'm still letting it sink in. But every time we talk, it becomes more and more easier to accept." She assures him.

"I'm glad for that, then. I think I can relate, too. It's hard to believe how beautiful you are." He responds in kind, presenting another big, toothy grin as he leans forward and rests his forearms atop of the table. As he looks into her vibrant caramel eyes, memories of the day they met begin flooding in--

{ Months ago after the stopping the Terror Twins at the mall... }

The sky dwindles in light, giving way to the apricot horizon of sunset. The evening was upon Metropolis, and through its darkened sky flew its new protector. Fashioned in black and neon lines of crimson that gleam gently in the creeping darkness. He's in no rush at all. Just cruising as a gentle flow of wind brushes through his raven shaggy hair, granted by his easy going momentum. In the depths of his heart, he can feel a wave of inevitable change coming his way. He hasn't the slightest clue of when or how, but it's there. He ponders upon it nonetheless, his expression unintentionally mimicking the nonchalance of the sun bidding farewell to the great sea of clouds overhead.

His wandering eyes catch sight of something peculiar before much longer. Further investigation reveals it's a lonesome individual sitting atop of the center structure of the bridge nearby. Curiosity, or perhaps fate itself, draws him toward that direction. As the kryptonian closes in, the woman rises from her seated position where her legs dangle above the busy traffic that lies far below. She gathers her belongings at her own leisure, unaware of an approaching presence. Thus, the sound of boots touching down upon steel nearby snags her attention. She was taken aback initially, but the sight before her morphs her glance into a gaze of silent wonder. She rises to stand completely and face the young man wearing that red illuminating 'S' on his chest.