Annual Special! (All-Star Superboy)

A thin fog continuously rises from a platinum chalice containing a liquid substance - kept cold and always on the brink of freezing over by the mystic ice that lays at the very bottom of its wielder's choice of cup. Fanciful as it may be, the beverage is nothing so extravagant. No. As a matter of fact, it was merely the usual for Connor Luthor: Apple juice. A sweet drink he's been awfully fond of for over five decades now. He brings the chalice up to his lips and helps himself to subtle, yet savoring sips from it. Audibly gulping the portion he drinks from it before eventually prying it away from his lips. Satisfactory as always. His tongue protrudes from his moist petals to lick away the lingering taste from his petals. 

Though his favorite drink invigorates his nonchalant mood, he cannot help but to peer out through the massive trio of windows behind his desk - glass that gives a pleasant view of the bustling city known as Metropolis City - and contemplate silently. He sits within a comfy office chair inside the largest building in town, and on the most secure floor of Lex Tower. His mind pondering on one thing in particular. Were they really giving up so easily? 

Those... rowdy lots. Those maniacs, psychos, entitled punks who refer to themselves as Heroes. A laughable notion. However, what was truly breathtakingly amusing was the sheer audacity they all have. It was so overbearing, that Connor HAD to intervene and crack down upon those senseless altercations. By way of something quite akin to a police state. An idea he took from the aging Dark Knight himself all the way over in Gotham City. Hard-to-destroy robots and 15-feet-tall mech suits were very ideal for keeping local superpowered delinquents in check. The MCPD never had an easier time apprehending offenders, and civilians were given back some safety in their day to day lives again.

So, was this it? Is this the simple Happy Ending that was meant to be all along?

K R O O O O M ! ! !

He turns his head just a bit while also raising a brow curiously. That loud rumble he hears coming from down below on the first floor of his building tells him: No, it was definitely not meant to be THAT simple.

"About time." He murmurs to himself before setting his sights forward again. Even as his secretary's voice comes through the intercom on his desk.

"S-sir! Sir! Reports of intruders breaking inside are coming up. Would you like me to dispatch the 10th level security droids?" She asks. To which Connor responds calmly with;

"No, there's no need for that at all, Jane. I suspect they're here to see me..." He pauses, shifting his eyes toward the chalice in his grasp before giving the liquid inside a gentle stir by moving his hand in a circular motion.

"Let them through and tell me that I'll be waiting for them in my office." He adds.

"Understood, Mr. Luthor." His secretary obliges without Question. For the time being, he remains as he is. From the city streets where civilians resemble ants under his gaze, and up toward the clouds above that obscure the sun's ray of light - he merely passes the times by watching birds fly through the sky. 

Soon, a myriad of footsteps begins treading toward his direction - just after a familiar 'Ding!' that signifies the elevator arriving. Several of them, in fact. Connor was almost sure there were enough of them to make use of all seven that line up against the wall on the opposite end of the floor. Not that he minds... Not that it makes him feel as though anything will change because of it. 'CLICK.' Soon enough, the sound of the handles of his double onyx-wood doors turning graces his ears as the bunch come entering.

"Luthor!" A voice calls out to him - a pitch just low enough to give the impression of belonging to a male - calls out to him, dousing his dreadful surname with venom. Nothing that bothers him at all, though.